DNS change: DNS record flipflopping

Hi all,

I have OpenSRS and Enom domains with I have changed all of them to point to a new nameserver two weeks ago.

Address lookup, traceroute, service scan... points to the new IP. whois lookup points to new nameservers. However, DNS records still point to old website/nameserver most of the time. I said most of the time because (using the same PC) http shows the new website at times and the old website at times.

The domain is If anyone can shed some light on this, I would appreciate it. Thanks - Howard

-----------DNS records ------------------------
    DNS query for returned an error from the server: NameError

name class type data time to live IN MX preference: 0
    86400s (1.00:00:00) IN SOA server:
    serial: 2005102803
    refresh: 14400
    retry: 7200
    expire: 3600000
    minimum ttl: 86400
    86400s (1.00:00:00) IN NS 86400s (1.00:00:00) IN NS 86400s (1.00:00:00) IN A 86400s (1.00:00:00)

I had this exact thing happen to me recently.

I changed a couple of my custom nameservers and they "seemed" to switch back and forth initially.

The only explanation that I could come up with is that the old nameservers were cached somewhere along the way.

It has since resolved itself.

Sounds like it's your ISP. When an ISP refreshes its DNS cache, it usually fluctuates
    from the old to the new and vice versa.

chica go go
    lookup the domain's NS records here:

that'll tell you what root servers are reporting what.

Thanks, everybody, for replying.

My host and I ran some dns report( and found several problems including: "FAIL: You have one or more missing (stealth) nameservers". They fixed all the errors; so, i hope I that's that.