dedicated server deal need help

what do you thing..

i have 2 servers
    celeron 2.8
    2gig mem
    80gb hd

6tr b/w both together.

850 uro for 3 monthes in advance is it good or bad?
    Last edited by X-driver; 11-14-2006 at 12:38 PM.

you arent really giving enough information, for example - whats their support like? im guessing no raid etc. are they managed? etc etc

including

including 24/7 monitoring
    1 x APC ( remote reboot
    1 x 100 Mbit uplink
    not meneged
    support thars allwayes but even installing a tool like MRTG will cost me if i dont know how to install it..
    great line fast.. year or more no downtime
    the company is in NL

If they are going to charge you for installing something like MRTG I would look for another host. What good is the deal if they nickel and dime you to death when you need some simple help?

Quote Originally Posted by IPGHosting
    What good is the deal....
    Over 1 year and no downtime, that's what.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

That is one factor in many while it is a important factor it should not solely be based on that.

That is one factor in many while it is a important factor it should not solely be based on that.
    No, but I wouldn't leave a provider that could deliver over 1 year without downtime just because they charged a few bucks to install MRTG. Unless you have a managed solution, most providers are going to charge to install software if you can't.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

If its something as simple as MRTG the provider should install it to keep clients happy. It takes 5 mins if that to install it? If you are busy with a ton of support issues then I can see charging the client but if its a slow day or you know it will be slow later then take the 5 mins to do it and please a client. I guess they way we do business differs from others?

If its something as simple as MRTG the provider should install it to keep clients happy. It takes 5 mins if that to install it? If you are busy with a ton of support issues then I can see charging the client but if its a slow day or you know it will be slow later then take the 5 mins to do it and please a client. I guess they way we do business differs from others?
    You can't not charge for things one day, and then charge for them the next. If you start doing that, you're going to end up with a pissed off customer who comes to you one day and says "Your support is sliding, you used to install this for free and now you won't?!" You either charge for a service or you provide it for free.

--Tina

I tell the client as a one time courtesy since support is very slow we will install it.
    This is getting off topic. The choice is really what you are looking for in a company period.

If it is non managed, almost no DC will install MRTG on your server for you. Some will give mrtg graphs from their perspective but its rare to find anyone willing to install stuff just to be nice. Too much liability.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

So basically your paying $181 for A Celeron 2.8ghz with 3 Gig bw per month , without management, is kinda sucky deal, cause if you go to layeredtech, you get same thing close to 150$ per month (will get Pentium 4 instead of Celeron too). But cpanel etc etc might cost extra but you didnt mention if ur server comes with cpanel or other specifics like ram etc etc.

Goto HiVelocity.net If you don't have managed services they will at least help you install basic things like MRTG. And if its on a redhat based system its as easy as yum install mrtg lol

Goto HiVelocity.net If you don't have managed services they will at least help you install basic things like MRTG. And if its on a redhat based system its as easy as yum install mrtg lol
    Every customer actually gets MRTG graphs by default with us through their billing interface.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

They don't install it on your server.

--Tina

I'm talking about clients who would like MRTG installed on there server. And I know of a few that this has been done for free of charge. I know by default they can access them in the billing interfacer but I was referring to clients who want it on their server.

Generaly speaking thats ok deal,not very good and not very bad
    Best Regards,
    Namesniper