HostingRevolution.com [Avoid this Host]

Avoid paying HostingRevolution.com for anything.

What is it with some of these hosts? Are they 12 year olds in their bedroom with a pc in mom and dads house? Certainly they have the manners and maturity of a 12 year old. (appologies to those polite 12 year olds out there)

Imagine throwing a tantrum at one of your Customers over calling you John and not Johnnie... FFS.

Check these emails out and be warned this is not the first time this nob has spoken to me in this manner...

My original email
    Hi John

It seems as of about 8.30pm EST Nov 14 - all of our sites hosted with you do not respond.

Even hostingrevolution.com does not respond.

What's happening?
    The first response
    Well Paul..... by the way ... my name is JOHNNIE... not JOHN! That truly torks me smooth off!!! You wouldn't want me calling you Pa .... or .. P or Paully would ya', so please don't change my name, it's not yours to change, shorten or otherwise.

And, all sites, all networks, and connections therein are performing 100%.
    Next time, don't send me a triplicate mail, I won't respond or have anyone else respond, and damn sure don't call me anything but my name given to me at birth!
    Thank you.
    Sincerely,
    Johnnie
    My response to that
    Must be an issue at this end then. None of the sites are loading just timing out.

I emailed all three addresses that I had on file as I thought if your domain was not working you would not get the hostingrevolution.com ones and the last one was the alternative supplied by you.

Thanks for your usually great support and mannered responses.
    The final reply from this nob
    You're welcome Paula, and thanks for apologizing for being an idiot. Ah... that's right, you don't have any consideration for anyone but yourself. I wouldn't renew with me again.. ever... unless you apologize NOW.
    Period... end of line.
    My final reply to that
    I contacted my isp and they had exactly the same issue as I did. So considering we are in Australia perhaps there is some issue between here and there...

I do appologize for the incorrect name, it certainly was not intentional.
    It then went on to suspend my account and shut down my sites. Been with them for about 2 years and I have just renewed for a year. Suffered a mountain of data loss three months ago from an apparent "hacking" from some cmod777 on some site.

It then turned the sites back on as though to say "I have all the power over your sites ner ner ner" Perhaps I should have called hime Wayne Kerr instead.

Anyways, that was the last straw for me and I am in need of a new host....

I run a small VBulletin board and a wordpress site both on different domains. I also have 3 other domains sitting in the background that would be handy to park.

Any suggestions?

Sorry to hear of your troubles. Have you checked the offers section here? There are tons of posts there that may help you out. Also, near the top of this page, there is a 'Find a Host' drop-down menu that may help you out.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

My God... there simply are no words to describe the immaturity and lack of manners there!

This obviously is someone who is not interested in running a business. Clients, even the annoying ones, should be treated with respect and politeness. If you can't do that, then don't even attempt to start a business which requires those things.
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

Indeed it was interesting. Somehow I doubt I am annoying but I am sure I can be lol......

Simply thought someone would benefit from this experience.... Noticed other negative comments for the same host here as well. Amazing really.

@ScarabWeb
    Have you a chat on your site to discuss things?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAqua
    Indeed it was interesting. Somehow I doubt I am annoying but I am sure I can be lol......

Simply thought someone would benefit from this experience.... Noticed other negative comments for the same host here as well. Amazing really.

@ScarabWeb
    Have you a chat on your site to discuss things?
    Lol, of course I didn't mean that you are annoying, but I meant in general

We don't have a chat feature, but you can always contact us directly via the contact form on our site.
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers

sent pm to you scarabweb

err ok cant send pm

Err ScarabWeb what is this?

Order Failed
    Our system has detected a high risk of fraud for your order and has therefore blocked it

That basically means their fraud system will not allow the order to be setup because it red flagged it, I am sure the host will take care of it!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

interesting thanks mate.

err ok cant send pm

Err ScarabWeb what is this?

Order Failed
    Our system has detected a high risk of fraud for your order and has therefore blocked it
    Hi there,

Since you submitted a support ticket at our site, I will send your reply via the ticket

Well Paul..... by the way ... my name is JOHNNIE... not JOHN! That truly torks me smooth off!!! You wouldn't want me calling you Pa .... or .. P or Paully would ya', so please don't change my name, it's not yours to change, shorten or otherwise.
    So is johhny boy the one that runs the show or just a tech there ?
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabWeb
    Hi there,

Since you submitted a support ticket at our site, I will send your reply via the ticket
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by kelownatech
    So is johhny boy the one that runs the show or just a tech there ?
    To my knowlege he is admin/tech/whatever as he seems to be the one to answer any emails. Also noticed I can no longer find a valid registration details for the hostingrevolution.com domain. and accessing my account of late has been hitting me with a popup saying something about certificates are expired or not genuine or some such.

Talk to me about Aquaculture and Water Chemistry and I can give you the answers but this hosting stuff is just a tad way out there for me....

I wouldn't renew with me again.. ever... unless you apologize NOW.
    How thoughtful of him to he give you a warning first. Or was that a threat?

Ridiculous attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabWeb
    My God... there simply are no words to describe the immaturity and lack of manners there!

This obviously is someone who is not interested in running a business. Clients, even the annoying ones, should be treated with respect and politeness. If you can't do that, then don't even attempt to start a business which requires those things.
    I could not agree more.

Was that real?
    I can't believe that you were thinking to stay with them after his aggressive approach.
    How can anybody run a business with that attitude?

Well, the best of luck with your new host, indeed, is not hard to be better than with them.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

This reminds me of the host I had for a few weeks which was http://www.hostexcellence.com/
    Same exact type of attitude.
    I will never go back to them.
    I am staying with the one I have cuz its awsome.

Safe to say he has lost a customer and I may even write a rather keyword heavy warning page so that it sits right up there next to his site on search results.

Well by gones are by gones, just hope you find a reliable provider somewhere down the road who actually loves their customers!

My expectations are really not that high...

Reliable service
    Pleasent support emails

We got this from our ISP and we stayed with them for 11 years...

My expectations are really not that high...

Reliable service
    Pleasent support emails

We got this from our ISP and we stayed with them for 11 years...
    seem basic to me, what should be provided in the first place!

MadAqua, I do have to add that I so admire the way you kept your cool when dealing with him - I would've blown up for sure! (Just ask the WHT admins! )
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I was tempted, however I was trying to keep the topic on issue, on the problem not switch it to the person. I did not have a person problem but a hosting issue that I needed clarification on. What he thinks of me or even his personal views on life and the world are not my concern. Just because you host my sites, does not mean we are friends, though still communications must maintain some form of respect for each other.

Well regardless you really did the right thing by keeping cool in the whole situation. Losing your temper probably would have only made things worse...even though you are 110% in the right.

wow, that is terrible. that guy has some issues. hope you find a new host!
    wirenine is an excellent choice if you are still looking, ive got 4 sites hosted with them now, or are planned in the near future.

i wonder in earnest how old johnnie is