Server Optimization for Webhosting

Hi, i have a server on wich i sell webhosting. I want to know where to find a good guide on how to best optimize a server for hosting services. I rent small servers, 1 GB ram and 2.4 celerons and so. I prefer small server,, i dont have any problems i think i never really tuned my server, except for the mysql a little bit. What does really bothers me, is that most new clients, or new sales are always forums. It seems nobody wants a website anymore wich isnt a forum or some portal wich uses MYSQL. For my bad luck i dont know why 9 of 10 people that want to buy my services are alwyas forums with some decent traffic, from 40 to 60 online users, the small ones with 15 or so. Well you may think forums are popular, but i dont even sell in english and i dont know why do all forums want to come to my webhosting. I dont like this or course because heavy forums are not good for shared hosting. I want to know a good Server Optimization for General Webhosting servers, shared hosting account, where i can give all the same resources. Its not a business to have 30 clients on a server and they all bug resources. I have found a guide here on the forum but its from the year 2004. I also tested just the mysql setting from there and it did not started my mysql anymore. Here is my current setting for mysql:
    [mysqld]
    safe-show-database
    innodb_data_file_path=ibdata1:10M:autoextend
    datadir=/var/lib/mysql
    socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
    set-variable=max_connections=300
    set-variable=max_user_connections=10
    set-variable=max_allowed_packet=1M
    set-variable=thread_stack=128K
    set-variable=key_buffer=128M
    set-variable=table_cache=300
    set-variable=record_buffer=8M
    set-variable=back_log=100
    set-variable=thread_cache_size=4
    set-variable=sort_buffer=16M
    set-variable=delayed_insert_timeout=150
    set-variable=interactive_timeout=40
    set-variable=wait_timeout=40
    set-variable=connect_timeout=10

[mysql.server]
    user=mysql
    basedir=/var/lib

[safe_mysqld]
    err-log=/var/log/mysqld.log
    pid-file=/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
    -------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see i have set max_connection to 10 since im startin to piss of new clients wich uses all resources and leave nothing to others, its not fare, so i prefer to low settings but have more clients, then a few clients wich use a whole server. I also did not saw any effect on settings. 2 Forums for example still get 80 users online on peak hours. Does someone can help me how to make more profit of a server, how to give resources to all, and not just to some guys wich want to only spend 20$ a month and have a 100 current online users on a forum. I have started to reject new clients, since they send mails asking Hey can i host this website with you? And you go to the url and once again a forum with 30 users online. If you say yes, then they buy a 40$ hosting a year, the smallest they can get, but they want all for those tiny bucks. If a forum gets to big, i tell them they use to many resources and they should get a dedicaded server. Of course no one has the money or wants to pay and they just leave. So im starting to think that this forums and blogs that are so popular are just very bad for the shared hosting companies. I wonder how do other companies handle this.

<<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

www.rack911.com for help

You may search around in technical tutorial forum. Alternatively, you may hire professionals to do it for you

You may contact personal contact at info@n3v.net, great guys over there.

wait_timeout=3
    max_connections=500
    key_buffer=512M if you have 2GB