Thumbs up I am totally noob. CDGcommerce ok for me?... I need your help please.

Hello everybody! First time I write a message here so I'm glad to be part of this great forum.

I'm french (so sorry for my french-chinese-english...). My job is to find good and cheap products in China for americans and europeans customers and I do this quite well. A lot of my customers tells me often : "You should have your own web site!"...

Ok, so it's almost done now and I will launch a new company next month in USA. Two people works for me in China to start this new business and I'm quite confident.

BUT... first, I would like to know how the customers can pay the products on line with, at least, a Visa/Mastercard? Very stupid question I guess... but I am very stupid with this kind of problems because I really don't know how it works.

I don't want to use Paypal and I have found good messages here about a company: CDGcommerce.

Do you think it's a good choice for me? Please, don't forget: I am a beginner. If not, which company could be the good choice? Is it difficult to set up this "gateway" or "merchant account"? Is it expensive? Do I need a special bank account in USA? Should I live in USA? Etc.

Thank you VERY MUCH if you can help me.

Be patient and the CDG-man will help you.

From the CDGcommerce FAQ (

Q: My business is based outside of the U.S., can I still apply for an account?
    A: Only if you fit the Merchant Approval Requirements as listed on our Web site. You must have a U.S. entity, mailing address and signer with a U.S. SSN.

I would not be surprised that if your business satisfies these requirements, it also satisfies the requirements for US income taxes.

Thank you for your answers Zerodamage and CheapScotsman.