Looking for colo in Philly

I been looking to find a good colocation in south jersey/philly area, would like to have it in close driving distance. Anyone have some recommendations?

You can get good Level 3 rates at 401 N. Broad by going through colocation.com. Check out the "Specials" section on the site. I'm always searching for the latest and greatest in the area and what I've found is 401 N. Broad is really the place to be. Most of the ISP's with datacenters charge way too much. Also, I had been quoted $199/cabinet by XO, but that was contigient with a bandwidth purchase (loss on the cabinet to sell the bandwidth). I'm not sure if they'd still provide that offer or not.

If price isn't too much of an issue for you though, there are plenty of South Jersey ISP's that offer colocation that a search on here would find. I'm on the west side of Philly so I haven't looked into any of them in-depth.
    Matt Ayres - togglebox.com
    Linux and Windows Cloud Virtual Datacenters powered by Onapp / Xen
    Instant Setup, Instant Scalability, Full Lifecycle Hosting Solutions

www.togglebox.com

Can you post pm the link to the specials that you're referring to? can't seem to find them.

http://www.colocation.com/Promotion.html.

Disclaimer: I've not done business with colocation.com. I am only aware of the specials they run due to my never ending quest for good deals.

www.togglebox.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tank6585
    I been looking to find a good colocation in south jersey/philly area, would like to have it in close driving distance. Anyone have some recommendations?
    Expect high prices and long term contracts. You may be able to find cheaper resellers if you only need a few U, however we found that rack+bw prices are much higher than in the NYC area.
    ReflexNetworks means Happy Clients!

Also keep in mind alot of these Level3 deals are prices low to get you in the door. Then when your contract term is up for renewal, the price goes up 10-15%. So if you plan on staying long term you should consider this.

We have seen it happen to a lot of our customers.

good luck.

Expect high prices and long term contracts. You may be able to find cheaper resellers if you only need a few U, however we found that rack+bw prices are much higher than in the NYC area.
    I'm surprised to here that. I've been in NYC and I know the prices up there. Rack and power are considerably higher than what we've found in the Philly area. You just need to take some time and find the right place. 401 N. Broad is the building to be in though. All the major carriers are there and we can cross connect to any of them due to the deal we negotiated, that building is not carrier neutral so there is no central "meet me room". It's a unique building in that sense but we've made it work nicely for our needs.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

Yes... if you look you can find cabinets for sub-$600 and power around $2/amp at 401. Bandwidth options are not as good as some better lit areas, but we still have good options whether you are looking for Tier 1/2, value, or premium bandwidth. To top it off we're 2ms to NYC and 3ms to WDC and most of the fiber between the two runs through us.

www.togglebox.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
    Yes... if you look you can find cabinets for sub-$600 and power around $2/amp at 401. Bandwidth options are not as good as some better lit areas, but we still have good options whether you are looking for Tier 1/2, value, or premium bandwidth. To top it off we're 2ms to NYC and 3ms to WDC and most of the fiber between the two runs through us.

you mean 20 per amp on power - right?
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

Yes, I guess I didn't press the 0 hard enough

www.togglebox.com

Honestly, if you guys are paying $18 to $20 per amp in Philly you need to find a new place to colo. $20 per amp in Philly is highway robbery.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

Yeah... you are correct. Now that I check my records it is $10.50/Amp. It is Atlanta where I am paying $20/Amp.

www.togglebox.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheWiseOne
    Yeah... you are correct. Now that I check my records it is $10.50/Amp. It is Atlanta where I am paying $20/Amp.
    thats expensive. where are you paying 20 per amp at in atl? I am assuming this is 110 vs 220.

220 would be 20 per amp....
    Dedicated Servers
    WWW.NETDEPOT.COM
    Since 2000

With you Jeff Again I'm wrong... you're $200 for 20A which is $10/Amp.

www.togglebox.com

Matt - you have email.
    We are still searching for a Philly solution - and were pleased with some of what you offered