Streaming Host ... Recomend it!

Hi there,

I need reliable streaming host for radio station. Please recomend one which is good and reliable. Needs to have great support. do not post cheap and not reliable streaming host!

thank you in advance!

Well, you need to provide how many slots you need, the bitrate you need, and the pricing per slot you'd like to pay.

Do not have those type of info. But let say 150 slots for now and if you can recomend what bit rate would fit good! It needs to have a good quality of stream!

Tnx

Have you tried to look in the offers section of WHT, or even search it http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php

Furthermore, try to google it! You may have some luck there I would say.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I believe 92kbits would do you well -- just a tiny bit lower quality than CD. I don't have anyone to recommend since I've never really had a need for it.

I would suggest 128bit, this is the standard mp3 quality you'll find most commonly used. I'm picky about quality of music, and wont listen to anything less than 128bit, I'm sure others are the same.

as for 150 slots, expect to pay about $1/slot

I have dealt with www.uisregistry.com in the past. Would highly recommend them
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

I think much selection of bit rate depends on your audiences. If majority of your listeners are from US or Europe using high speed connection than 128kbps will be best for audio sound quality over 64kbps and 96kbps. But if most of your listeners have dialup connection may be 24kbps or 32kbps will be better choice.
    24Shells in Business Since 2003 - AS55081
    Dedicated Servers, Linux VPS Hosting, Windows VPS Hosting
    @24Shells - 24shells.net

Quote Originally Posted by Kdoubt
    I would suggest 128bit, this is the standard mp3 quality you'll find most commonly used. I'm picky about quality of music, and wont listen to anything less than 128bit, I'm sure others are the same.

as for 150 slots, expect to pay about $1/slot

I have dealt with www.uisregistry.com in the past. Would highly recommend them
    $1 a slot for 128kbit is on the extremely cheap side. I doubt you'll find anything top notch for under $3/slot.

I would personally advise 128, this is what the majority of my clients go for. However, of course as tshah said, it depends on the listeners you have listening.
    Thanks,
    SmartWaveTech Team
    http://www.smartwavetech.com

128 I would say minimum espscially if you are looking at US market
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

Thanks for all your answers ... So I will go with 128 and get 150 slots for now!

I have tryed to search WHT and Google, but how to be sure that I am on the right place. That is why I have posted this thread here to see your advices ... and my clients are Europe based! Prety much of the will be on broadband connection I am sure ... but can get two streaming hosts, one for broadband connections and the one for dial up connection!? am I right?

If your clients are in Europe I hightly recommend getting a streaming host from there or else they will probably have constant buffering issues.

The broadband and dialup really wont make any different as its not the providers speed that will matter at that point. I may be missing something here though.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

You're definitely correct in getting two streams. Alot of shoutcast stations have up a stream for low and also high bitrate. Of course the other alternative is going with a host who'll let you run icecast as icecast is able to handle both streams in the same server process vs shoutcast (just some information that may also help you). If memory serves me correctly icecast is also able to do vorbis/ogg as well as mp3 streams and even AAC.

Best of luck to you with your radio station venue. Ensure you do adequate research on any provider before just jumping on a bandwagon (to ensure you're not stuck having to search again fairly soon).
    Justin Schurawlow :: Technology Enthusiast
    Schurawlow PC Repair
    Computer Services for the Lehigh Valley area
    Blog :: The Justin Schurawlow Blog

good idea to consider a host with servers in Europe - if you are planning to target that listener area geographically.

Agree with most of the guys here about bitrate (128kbps is a de facto standard in mp3 - but of course there's other formats such as the excellent aacPlus now available).

Have a look around for European based hosts that can offer you a deal on 150 listeners at 128 kbps. I'm sure you will be able to arrange a package that fits with a budget.
    Mouse to Mouse Solutions Ltd
    - the home of quality stream hosting solutions -
    - visit our site for more info today -

I hope so ... and I will do some research now. Thank you for all your post guys!