Thumbs down Review Of PlatinumServerManagement.com

So, after some good reviews on WHT, I signed up, paying via setting up a subscription on PayPal. PP takes the money out of my bank account, hands it over to PSM...

First problem was that they have no automated acknowledgement, so I'm left waiting for hours to get notice that they have received sign-up and payment, just having to wait until they create my account and notify me.

When that is done, they're pretty responsive and pretty slick. Server hardening, plus an install of the ImageMagick/FreeType/Ghostscript trifecta is done pretty quickly and without major errors.

So far, so good. I set up monitoring, and go on my merry way. This was Thursday.

Late Sunday night I get a notice that my monitoring is not active and if I don't login to turn it on, I won't be notified if trouble arises.

Three and a half hours later, I'm notified that my payment is past due and I risk having my account shut down. When I try to login, all I get is a notice that I owe them money, and I'm blocked from all account access.

So my review... good support techs, terrible bookkeeping, and overeager to shut off your account at the slightest provocation without even making sure they have legitimate cause to do so.

I'm sure PSM has a different account of this situation.
    Former owner of 275mb, DKMHosting, and Easy-Upload

They contacted me shortly after this post and said the notice was sent in error. I could then login to my account.

But regardless of any "different account of this situation", they shut off my login so it went to a "pay us" page with no other links until they caught it.

I'm in the midst of trying to get a new site launched. I don't need to be stressing over their bookkeeping errors.

Quote Originally Posted by gbulmash
    First problem was that they have no automated acknowledgement, so I'm left waiting for hours to get notice that they have received sign-up and payment, just having to wait until they create my account and notify me.
    It does not say anywhere at all that we send any notification prior to setting up accounts. Therefore, I do not know how you consider this a "problem". You simply assumed that we would send you an email prior to the account being setup, and are blaming us for not doing so.

When that is done, they're pretty responsive and pretty slick. Server hardening, plus an install of the ImageMagick/FreeType/Ghostscript trifecta is done pretty quickly and without major errors.
    Thanks for the compliments, I'm glad to hear that you are satisfied with our server management service.

So far, so good. I set up monitoring, and go on my merry way. This was Thursday.

Late Sunday night I get a notice that my monitoring is not active and if I don't login to turn it on, I won't be notified if trouble arises.

Three and a half hours later, I'm notified that my payment is past due and I risk having my account shut down. When I try to login, all I get is a notice that I owe them money, and I'm blocked from all account access.
    When you signed up, you entered a different email address on the signup form than on your paypal account, therefore, our billing system did not credit the payment to your account. This was not our fault. Our system does this automatically, it expects the email entered on the signup form to match the address that the payment is sent from exactly.

As soon as the payment due notice went out, it was manually reviewed and we saw it was a mistake. It had nothing to do with your post here. In fact, your post here was at 7:03AM EST and we emailed you at 7:04AM EST saying it was fixed. As coincidental as the timing may seem, it's impossible that we have found your post, fixed the payment problem, and emailed you back all within 1 minute of you posting here.

The truth of the matter is that we found it already and corrected it before you even posted here and before you even contacted us directly. In fact, you still have not even contacted us directly regarding this matter yet.

We already made a note in our system to reflect the difference in the email addresses, and we even emailed you back rightaway apologizing for the inconvenience.

While I understand this may be frustrating and that you may be under stress from others elsewhere, it's unfair to take it out on us. I see no purpose in posting negative feedback over simple billing mishap, especially when you say you are satisfied with our actual service.

So my review... good support techs, terrible bookkeeping, and overeager to shut off your account at the slightest provocation without even making sure they have legitimate cause to do so.
    I don't think this matter requires further public discussion. This is a personal billing matter between you and us. Bottom line is you said you were satisfied with our service, but were unhappy that there was a billing mistake. If you or anyone else has any other further questions on this, please contact us directly.

Otherwise, there's no need for any further reply by us to this thread.

Thanks,
    Ethan
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 11-13-2006 at 10:44 AM.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

I am a little shocked that you will come on here and state you are happy with their service yet give them negative comments about a billing issue which in my opinion should be a private matter.

They have always been very quick to respond to support issues and equally quick on resolving the problem.

As for billing, in the serveral years of doing business with this great company I have never had an issue and they have always been very accommodating when I needed them to be!

Communication is key with any company!

Ethan, you sound like we are not supposed to post any bad review on PSM in WHT.

You should respect your client opinion and not bashing them for posting some bad review

If you only want to accept "good" review and you should mentioned this in your term and condition when a client sign up

I am also a client for yours but I am totally shock when you post the above comment.

You have to accept that PSM are not 100% perfect and you must heard your client feedback and try to improve on it and NOT bashing on client when they feedback something may not nice to your ear

I am happy with PSM service although it is not 100% perfect but I personally thinks that you are too protective and this will will not help PSM.

The thread will give us a very bad impression on PSM but it is not because of the review but your comment

I disagree with you 'onlyone'. Nobody likes to see bad feedback about themself, do you?? the reason why I can understand that psm got upset is because this complaint sounds so ridiculous.

if he was complaining about their service or something related to what they are actually selling, then that would be different, but he went out of his way to make a complaint about their billing process! i'm sorry but i find that immature and childish.

nobody is 100% correct 100% of the time, so since you know that, should everyone complain about every little mistake anyone makes?? he liked PSM service yet still took time out to complain about a little thing like a billing mistake

and another thing, we are all businesses here, I run a business, you run a business, would you like it if someone posted bad feedback on you?? NO.
    so why are you defending someone that does??

didnt your mother ever tell you, do to others only what you would want done to you?

Quote Originally Posted by marisc
    I disagree with you 'onlyone'. Nobody likes to see bad feedback about themself, do you?? the reason why I can understand that psm got upset is because this complaint sounds so ridiculous.

if he was complaining about their service or something related to what they are actually selling, then that would be different, but he went out of his way to make a complaint about their billing process! i'm sorry but i find that immature and childish.

nobody is 100% correct 100% of the time, so since you know that, should everyone complain about every little mistake anyone makes?? he liked PSM service yet still took time out to complain about a little thing like a billing mistake

and another thing, we are all businesses here, I run a business, you run a business, would you like it if someone posted bad feedback on you?? NO.
    so why are you defending someone that does??

didnt your mother ever tell you, do to others only what you would want done to you?
    While I agree with you, I also agree with him.

This is a forum, and this is a channel for free discussion, whether it be good or bad.

There are many companies that have complaints lodged against them whether it be support handling, their products or services or even their billing..

He reviewed PSM, their billing company is part of PSM as a whole, so saying that just because he was happy with their service means that he ultimately cannot make a complaint about their billing? It's like having a bill with your electric company, if you know somethings not right, or you haven't received your bill or something like that.. There are things that can outweigh things in the course of ratings...

But in hosting, there is no balancing scale.. There's no majority rule.. If you don't like a particular part of a company, you may have dislike for them.. It's not take a stone from one side, put it on the other, and the largest amount wins.. That would be the case if PSM had a sister or parent company that was being complained about, but not for typical departments within a company..

Each department and each employee make the company, not necessarily the services they provide. The departments and employees interface with the customers, not their services..

Quote Originally Posted by onlyone
    Ethan, you sound like we are not supposed to post any bad review on PSM in WHT.

You should respect your client opinion and not bashing them for posting some bad review

If you only want to accept "good" review and you should mentioned this in your term and condition when a client sign up

I am also a client for yours but I am totally shock when you post the above comment.

You have to accept that PSM are not 100% perfect and you must heard your client feedback and try to improve on it and NOT bashing on client when they feedback something may not nice to your ear

I am happy with PSM service although it is not 100% perfect but I personally thinks that you are too protective and this will will not help PSM.

The thread will give us a very bad impression on PSM but it is not because of the review but your comment
    Did you bother to read the terms yourself?

Directly from their TOS:

Forum Posts
    Posting negative feedback on any public forum about our company and/or our employees before submitting a ticket to our 'Feedback' department to discuss your issue will result in immediate account termination without any refund. Although it is your right to post feedback without discussing your issue with us first, it is undoubtedly unfair and unprofessional not to, which is not the type of client we want to deal with. We have the utmost respect for all of our clients, and are more than fair with all of our clients. We will do anything and everything possible to keep all of our clients satisfied. But in the unlikely event you are not satisfied, all that we ask is to discuss your issue with our Feedback department first. So if you are the type of person to run to the forums at the first chance you get to complain, please do not sign up with us.

It sounds like the client was impatient, and that is their own fault.

The way I see it, this was definitely a thread that should not have been started. The only problem was the billing and resulting issues, and that was not due to any problems on PSM's end. Gbulmash signed up with one email address and paid with a different one. Many billing systems would mistake this as 2 different people because the email is the identifier.

Like many others, gbulmash doesn't read terms before signing up. He/she should have contacted PSM about it rather than posting here. PSM did absolutely nothing wrong.
    Mike
    cPanel/WHM scripts at Premier Website Solutions (all your website needs)
    Support young figure skaters in training. juniorskaters.com

I signed up with PSM seeing some good reviews in WHT.

I waited for approx 6 hours and contacted them through YM!. They were online, but replied after 2 hours or so. Asked me to wait for 24 hours 'as it was told while' I 'signed up'. Yes, true. I waited for 24 hours. No account set-up mails.

Again contacted over YM! Got a reply after another hour: "ok...let me see'. Within few minutes my account was set-up and I could log-in.

I was shifting to a new server, so, account transfer was a major reason why I signed up with them.

I fixed up an appointment BEFORE 22 hours, when the accounts should be shifted. They acknowledged and agreed. I waited for 2 more hours beyond the scheduled time, nobody was ready to start transferring.

I cancelled my account with them immediately and asked for refund. I got a reply, that it would take some time to get refund. I knew it. So, I kept quiet and went ahead with transferring domains myself.

After approx. 2 days, when I didn't receive any mail from them, I wrote a mail to sales. Replied quite early with the refund.

When they say "our office and employees are USA based'... maybe they try to say something else. Whatever, by saying that they might be mentioning of a super-professional service, which I didn't receive.

Actually, it's very hard to provide good quality service having office and staff in the USA at this price ($29.95/mo), because the cost of living is much higher in the USA than many parts of the world, where top quality technicians are also available.

It's good that PSM offers 30-day money-back guarantee, so you may try and test them. Your experience might not be similar to mine, though.
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

LOL just shows how perfect PSM really is . Too bad they cannot terminate his account for posting on WHT lol .

Quote Originally Posted by EssEss
    I signed up with PSM seeing some good reviews in WHT.

I waited for approx 6 hours and contacted them through YM!. They were online, but replied after 2 hours or so. Asked me to wait for 24 hours 'as it was told while' I 'signed up'. Yes, true. I waited for 24 hours. No account set-up mails.

Again contacted over YM! Got a reply after another hour: "ok...let me see'. Within few minutes my account was set-up and I could log-in.

I was shifting to a new server, so, account transfer was a major reason why I signed up with them.

I fixed up an appointment BEFORE 22 hours, when the accounts should be shifted. They acknowledged and agreed. I waited for 2 more hours beyond the scheduled time, nobody was ready to start transferring.

I cancelled my account with them immediately and asked for refund. I got a reply, that it would take some time to get refund. I knew it. So, I kept quiet and went ahead with transferring domains myself.

After approx. 2 days, when I didn't receive any mail from them, I wrote a mail to sales. Replied quite early with the refund.

When they say "our office and employees are USA based'... maybe they try to say something else. Whatever, by saying that they might be mentioning of a super-professional service, which I didn't receive.

Actually, it's very hard to provide good quality service having office and staff in the USA at this price ($29.95/mo), because the cost of living is much higher in the USA than many parts of the world, where top quality technicians are also available.

It's good that PSM offers 30-day money-back guarantee, so you may try and test them. Your experience might not be similar to mine, though.
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

Hmmm....

How many free accounts do you have with them? lol
    IndNet.Net - Since 1998

I agree that this thread should never have been started. A simple email to PSM's sales department would have taken care of it. I had this same issue when I first signed up -- all I had to do was IM someone on AIM and it was reactivated instantly. There is *no need* to cry to WHT before at least trying to work it out with the company involved first.
    Big things coming soon

i have never understood jumping on a forum and posting feedback for ANY company before even trying to resolve or contact said company
    UrlRedo.com - short URL service

Quote Originally Posted by dsotmoon
    i have never understood jumping on a forum and posting feedback for ANY company before even trying to resolve or contact said company
    Any client has a right to post their experience on the forum to share with the others, it doesn't matter is the issue resolved. He is just sharing his experience and not ask PSM to resolve the issue.

A forum is for client to share their experience and PSM has the right to defend themselves but the way they reply seem they do not allowed anyone to post bad experience about them

You will need learn to understand the fact of hosting world

[QUOTE=marisc
    didnt your mother ever tell you, do to others only what you would want done to you?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean that a consumer cannot post/share their experience on WHT, I never know that WHT has been a good review only and advertising forum. May I know when has it started

PS : it is taboo to mentioned other parent or family in the forum for such issue, you need to educated

I am not try to start a war with you but please do not mention others family on your comment if you wish to proved your point. This is a business world and you need to learn to respect others if you wish other to do the same to you.

I have no idea what you are taking offense to with that statement onlyone. What I can say is that while the OP may or may not have a legitimate beef with PSM, posting on a public forum before even requesting for it to be resolved directly with the company is just ridiculous.

If he had attempted to resolve it and it wasn't done to his satisfaction then sure anyone gets that but if I read it right, he just sort of ran here to post without discussing it with them. While it is his perogative, it doesn't make it right. I mean I could say that you are stupid but I won't because it isn't right.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

I simply do not know why this become so complicated

A client just share his experience here and everyone start pointed finger at him which I think it is not fair and not healthy for the WHT

Frankly speaking the first post does not make PSM look bad, it is just some poor admin issue that the threadstarter

Can all the hosting company STOP to be protective among yourself, this forum is not for hosting company only, it is a forum for all consumer to share their experience

It is very sad that WHT has turn to this way and a client usually get bash when started to post some bad review. this happen too often recently

You can enquire the threadstarter why he do not do this or why he do not do that but it is something easier to say than done

What wish to say is that a client has the right to post their experience (bad or good) and the company has also the right to defend it if needed. You cannot bashing an client when they share their experience as ask them not to post.

PS : Coolraul I am defintely not stupid but I am not sure about you by judging from your above post.
    Last edited by onlyone; 11-13-2006 at 11:33 PM.