Smile PayPal Pro - Finally Available to UK Sellers

FYI.... I don't know when it was officially released in the UK (so apologies if this is 'old' news), but I only found out today - this is going to make a lot of my clients with shops very happy - they've been screaming for this for ages.

20/mth gives you the equivalent of a merchant account and includes virtial terminal for telephone and fax payments.
    WHAT'S NEW - PAYPAL PATMENTS PRO IN THE UK TOO!

At last, PayPal Pro comes to the United Kingdom based merchants too!

If you've been looking for a "proper" card payment option for your customers then you should definately take a look at PayPal Pro. At the moment they are offering free setup of Pro accounts so there are none of the high costs normally associated with obtaining a merchant account with a UK bank. Plus you get the full multi-currency functionality that we normally associate with PayPal.
    Accept payments by phone, fax and post with Virtual Terminal. You can also manage and grow your business with our merchant tools, receive industry-leading fraud protection with our security systems, and more.

excellent... I like this...

Now if they could only provide proper fraud detection! Glad to hear the service is available to the UK now.
    data center directory - The comprehensive data center resource. Version 2.0 coming soon!

Is great to hear that they are expanding this outside the US, hopefully to Canada soon ... but, wait, home come I can't find anything on the Palpal webpages about this? Where did you get this info from?

Edit ... okay, I guess that is here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...rchant-outside

Quote Originally Posted by CheapScotsman
    Is great to hear that they are expanding this outside the US, hopefully to Canada soon ... but, wait, home come I can't find anything on the Palpal webpages about this? Where did you get this info from?

Edit ... okay, I guess that is here: https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...rchant-outside
    It would be great for sure in Canada. I'm not sure why it's easier for Paypal to establish this service in the UK than in Canada though...

Quote Originally Posted by macdonaldp
    It would be great for sure in Canada. I'm not sure why it's easier for Paypal to establish this service in the UK than in Canada though...
    I don't think it is easier to establish in the UK than in Canada, but it probably has some advantages because by doing so PayPal would be able to offer the service throughout the EU.

The UK also has double the population of Canada but, regardless, I am ready for them to offer this in Canada as well.

That's a great news ... for UK people

Quote Originally Posted by webwrigh
    I don't think it is easier to establish in the UK than in Canada, but it probably has some advantages because by doing so PayPal would be able to offer the service throughout the EU.
    Very good point indeed.
    PremiumReseller.com Hyper-V SSD VPS USA London Singapore
    Reseller Hosting Cpanel PURE SSD CloudLinux Softaculous
    Windows Reseller Asp.NET 4.5 MSSQL 2012 SmarterMail Enterprise