Starting an email provider

Im researching to start an email providing service ive tried searching for a few mail service systems but havent got anywhere

I want to know what kind of server would i need and what software is the best , i dont want spare any expense as this project is bieng fully sponsored.

Any info on mail softwares and any things i should be aware of would be definatly helpful.

Some info:

Lets say aboui 1,000 emails to start with
    Im looking into providing free email services
    Users are usually teens except for the ones that get premium services for larger solutions
    Im also looking to offering a graetr layout for the mail interface with some addon features such as mobile/pager alerts
    The budget is very much negotiable, thats why i said i dont want to spare any expense.
    Last edited by CX.Eric; 11-12-2006 at 07:59 PM.

what kind of email traffic are we talking about.... what is the budget? who are the users? What exactly the type of service you are looking to offer? and who are your clients?
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Info added

Do you have any development experience? you can probably find a script but will probably need to customize it and make it nice, friendly, with your own theme.... what do you think will make you better than the big ones like gmail hotmail and yahoo?
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

I never said i wanted to be better then others, im just providing a feature for a community im working on

I could customize it but why shouldnt i start with a great script with an already good theme?

You might try starting with HiveMail, it's cheap and rather feature friendly, but your going to need to write something custom if you're going to grow to be large or offer additional servies that others don't.

In terms of software, check out zimbra if you have a dedicated server or root access. If not, roundcube.

i would be interesting in your service

have you checked HotScript.com

Yep did that aswell im looking for a very exclusive script that is not used by many.