WTF! avoid Dotster.com, SCAM, NOT-TRUSTABLE, THIEF

Hi,

Before, I've been post about been as dotster customer. I buy domain with them on 10 Nov ago. Well, before clicking on the lst button before my cc get charged, I've put the coupon corvette that said will slash off the price to as low as 1.00 USD for the first year. Yes, at that moment, the shopping cart showed clearly the 1 USD after entering the coupon.

Today, at 3 AM, I try to call my cc company and asked recent charges with my online activities and I was shocked to hear that Dotster.com, this scam company actually doestn charge me 1USD for the domain as what the invoice I got from them. They charge me the normal price 14.95USD!

Now, I'm really pissed off and have mail them asking to canceling all my orders with them and asked to refund full of my orders or I'll call my lawyers and my cc company to take law act against them.

I hope anyone who migt wanted to order with them, please think again, again and again, they WILL trick you like what they did to me! This will be a greates lesson for me for never ever try to buy any products or be with this stupid/thief company!.

My advice, always take a look at well-known/trustable company like namcheap, godaddy or netfirm.

Regards,
    Corallinkz

I'm sure you will find lots of lawyers who will want to sue them for $13.95. <sarcasm> Did you try to contact them and ask them what happened?
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2
    I'm sure you will find lots of lawyers who will want to sue them for $13.95. <sarcasm> Did you try to contact them and ask them what happened?
    Hi,

Yes, I know even it might a small money for you guys but they must take this as lesson. I have mailed them and waiting more than 1 hour now.

Right firstly calm down and take a breather. Its Sunday so you as this is billing issue you might not even get a response for a day or so. Threating to sue people over something so small is stupid. Any lawyer is going to charge at least a few $100 an hour..
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon
    Freelance Sysadmin for Hire - email vaserv@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by a2b2
    Right firstly calm down and take a breather. Its Sunday so you as this is billing issue you might not even get a response for a day or so. Threating to sue people over something so small is stupid. Any lawyer is going to charge at least a few $100 an hour..
    Hi,

Thanks for your advice. Now I'm stable enough. BTW, forgot to mention that I;m from Asia and now Monday here approximetly 5.00AM

I know it'll be stupid to sue them and but it just one of my option (probably last option) if they dont respond/talk/phone/refund my money back. The first action that I've took is email them and waiting, if the issues solved by this action, then OK, if not, phone them, or ask my cc company to took back the money from them if possible and lastly, mybe a lawyer and it just the final-long option.

Just waiting reply from them now. Have a nice upcoming Sunday there!

No need to sue, Chargeback.

Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Mini
    No need to sue, Chargeback.

Mini
    Thanks mate!

Its now include in my option now.

Are you sure this is the *charge* they have made? I had a similar issue with Dotster billing after I have used a coupon - they have *pre-authorised* the amount w/o the discount and tried to charge the correct amount. Another question is that they never succeed (7 months now). I have even transferred away...

I must agree with you. Their billing is simply horrible.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    Are you sure this is the *charge* they have made? I had a similar issue with Dotster billing after I have used a coupon - they have *pre-authorised* the amount w/o the discount and tried to charge the correct amount. Another question is that they never succeed (7 months now). I have even transferred away...

I must agree with you. Their billing is simply horrible.
    Horrible billing, cpanel and very slow access speed here in Asia. Well, then never succeed? What do you mean actually? is it they dont charge for actual price without coupon? or else? BTW, how much they charge for transferred away? Thanks for your reply!

// Just now I've made a second call to my cc company. They adviced me to wait at least 7-days or waiting their reply for the other side. So, the option they gave to me, waiting for reply, if the charge confirmed, the money just gone like that or if not confirmed and they agree to refund and cancel my domain, I most probably could get my money back or do chargeback. In Asia, you might have difficult in dealing with overseas merchant, like what my bank said.

I repeat my question: are you sure this an actual charge to your card, not a pre-authorization?

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marsh
    I repeat my question: are you sure this an actual charge to your card, not a pre-authorization?
    I think pre-authorization but cant confirmed coz just got it know couple hours before from my cc company.

My bank said that the payment is not confirmed yet but the bill that I got for that cc showed 14.95. Will post update later.

I have been overcharged by companies in the past.. I can't remember a single case where a polite enquiry with the company concerned didn't resolve the matter.

Calling someone names when in all likelihood they have simply made a mistake is not very professional.

Accidents happen, and are totally unavoidable when you have so many things working together. Just politly request they fix it. You only need to get hot under the collar if they respond back that they won't help. Then you slap them arround

The thing I was trying to tell OP is that pre-authorizations at Dotster are always at their standard pricing level. This is how their (tremendously buggy) billing system is working.

Quote Originally Posted by Mini
    Chargeback.
    Do that and you risk having your account/s suspended and locked. All domain registrars treat chargebacks as fraud, no ifs ands or buts.

Personally, corallinkz, you've gotten prematurely emotional about it. I'd be polite and ask them to possibly check this out first before threatening to do a chargeback or calling in your lawyer/s (if any) if I were in your shoes.

But since it appears you've already done what you posted here, then expect the worst. And yes, registrars are within their rights to do what I said above if you already disputed the charges with your card company.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubeca
    I have been overcharged by companies in the past.. I can't remember a single case where a polite enquiry with the company concerned didn't resolve the matter.
    Sorry to hear that. But believe it or not, I've gotten one case (only one so far) where I managed to get it resolved, although it did take time and persistence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Zan
    Do that and you risk having your account/s suspended and locked. All domain registrars treat chargebacks as fraud, no ifs ands or buts.

Personally, corallinkz, you've gotten prematurely emotional about it. I'd be polite and ask them to possibly check this out first before threatening to do a chargeback or calling in your lawyer/s (if any) if I were in your shoes.

But since it appears you've already done what you posted here, then expect the worst. And yes, registrars are within their rights to do what I said above if you already disputed the charges with your card company.

Sorry to hear that. But believe it or not, I've gotten one case (only one so far) where I managed to get it resolved, although it did take time and persistence.
    So far, I've not called my lawyer yet or nor a charge back to them, yes I know the risk of losing the domains and my account got banned or even worse. But now I'm still negotiate, reply their emails with calm words with them to solve this matter and get 13.95money back if possible or just cancel the order. Actually, this is the first time this thing came in my life. Imagine 14.95 I could buy several domains more at netfirm or godaddy or even namecheap for my family and my friends that have paid me for that. Well, I found this coupon in Internet and tend to use it for 'try' but the thing became rival.