managemybox never again

i have been with managemybox.com for a month. like many people have pointed out it is run by one person named nick and there server ARE NOT MANAGED. Even it though it says it managed on its website. supports tickets are usally answer in 6-12 hours. the reason i ever need help is because plesk featureless and different from cpanel.
    my problem was ftp stoped working and i submitted a support ticket. after more than 12 it still doesn't work.
    i submitted a cancelation request this morning.

I'm sorry to hear about your problems.

Did you try contacting them in any other way or submit any other tickets or replies to that same ticket?

In any case, all what was needed was probably a restart of your FTP service, it should not take 12 hours to fix that.

I hope your cancellation request will be handled fairly and that you will find a better service soon, good luck!
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

Quote Originally Posted by mohamoud
    i have been with managemybox.com for a month. like many people have pointed out it is run by one person named nick and there server ARE NOT MANAGED. Even it though it says it managed on its website. supports tickets are usally answer in 6-12 hours. the reason i ever need help is because plesk featureless and different from cpanel.
    my problem was ftp stoped working and i submitted a support ticket. after more than 12 it still doesn't work.
    i submitted a cancelation request this morning.

When I check in whois, I got
    Nick Laws ()
    +44.07986830411
    Fax: +1.5555555555

Try this, all the best!
    Live Your DreamZ
    ~Besty

I don't understand why everyone assumes it is only run by me...not true at all and I only handle support issues that need management attention/higher level linux skills. Otherwise I am in overall charge of operations involving billing/sales/high level support so if there are account issues you are likely to see me contacting you.

Am unsure why this issue was delayed, I do see it as being escalated though so I think it was more complicated than a restart of the ftp service which would habve been first thing tried. In regards to the generalisation of bad support, auditing the account I would not agree with this and I see issues such as requesting domains be changed etc which strictly is not covered (users should have basic panel knowledge) but were answered quickly by my team.

Will ensure your cancellation is handled and thank you for considering ManageMyServices.
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Quote Originally Posted by besty
    When I check in whois, I got
    Nick Laws ()
    +44.07986830411
    Fax: +1.5555555555

Try this, all the best!
    As of this point in time we are not offering phone support and issues can be handled faster via our Customer Control Center since there are staff monitoring the system 24/7 and that's what I pay them for
    ManageMyServices was sold by me in September 2009. I no longer have any affiliation with this company.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. It is realy terrible service.
    For my site I choose 24/7 solutions - Professional managed hosting. It's O'k for now.

Quote Originally Posted by zwisted
    Are you a customer of ours or is this just an assumption with the aim to boost your post count?

Quote Originally Posted by zwisted
    What is your domain name hosted with managemybox?

I think he was referring to the post the OP made.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Quote Originally Posted by Laws
    I would not agree with this and I see issues such as requesting domains be changed etc which strictly is not covered (users should have basic panel knowledge) but were answered quickly by my team.

Will ensure your cancellation is handled and thank you for considering ManageMyServices.
    Doesn't matter if they should or shouldn't have panel knowledge.. You offer a managed service, with no documentation on where the limit lines are drawn as far as supporting them on their tasks.. (Your AUP describes a few things, but not a set limit to boot).

And your company name is ManageMyBox Your other company ManageMyServices is not at question here. You need to pay attention to which company of yours is being talked about, either that, or just make it one company.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by CEngine
    Doesn't matter if they should or shouldn't have panel knowledge.. You offer a managed service, with no documentation on where the limit lines are drawn as far as supporting them on their tasks.. (Your AUP describes a few things, but not a set limit to boot).

And your company name is ManageMyBox Your other company ManageMyServices is not at question here. You need to pay attention to which company of yours is being talked about, either that, or just make it one company.
    Either one works, in most of our communication we use ManageMyServices since this is the main company name and links up all our divisions together, ManageMyBox is a division of ManageMyServices. Our systems are designed to allow customers to hold packages from any of our divisions and have them all easily accessible under the ManageMyServices Control Center.

I agree on the documentation, we use http://managemybox.com/management.php but this doesn't really draw any lines and I will get devopment on that this week. We are also having the finishing touches put on an updated AUP & TOS which should make things clearer.

Thanks for your comments

Quote Originally Posted by Laws
    Are you a customer of ours or is this just an assumption with the aim to boost your post count?
    No, I'm not a customer of yours service fortunately, and it is just an assumption.
    But that I have read through that to me definitely it is not pleasant.
    For my site I choose 24/7 solutions - Professional managed hosting. It's O'k for now.

that would be a violation of rules then.

"You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Any post not meeting a moderator's criteria will be removed without notice."

Its pretty sad considering you offer a similar service.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

Quote Originally Posted by Steven
    that would be a violation of rules then.

"You may not use discussions to recommend, praise, or belittle other products or services, or any company; without first hand experience of those products or services. This includes companies recommending other companies. Any post not meeting a moderator's criteria will be removed without notice."

Its pretty sad considering you offer a similar service.
    I would have to agree with that.
    The problems described above left aside, it's never a good thing to simply assume things if you don't know the true background.
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions