Lightbulb GoDaddy Hosting: Are they good?

I just found an excellent hosting price for my websites:

GoDaddy 100GB space, and
    1,000GB data transfer, with
    unlimited domains,
    for just 6.99/month.

Any opinions about GoDaddy hosting?

The hosting is fine, in my opinion. I have several Web design clients hosted there, and the uptime is great. My only complaint would be that the control panel can be a little bit cumbersome. However, they are in the process of updating it, so even that aspect is improving.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I have personally used godaddy, and I have a friend thats been with godaddy for a while (I designed his website). He has constant problems with downtime and during peak times it takes a couple of minutes to load his site. I would highly recommend staying away from them, but unfortunately he prepaid for 2 yrs of hosting...

GoDaddy is a public company, unlike 99% of the hosts out there. So you could do a lot worse I suppose, at least you're dealing with someone who is credible and who will answer the phone when you call.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by freewebspace
    As I have heard
    Godaddy is bad for hosting also most of the customers say they have high down time

Also you can try servage for $1 more they give you 2100 GB Bandwidth and 250 GB Space
    $7.99 for 250gb space and 2100gb bandwidth? even the cheapest dedicated server can't give you that.

How many accounts per server would servage have to cram in order to break even?

Thus reliability would not be number one on their list

Godaddy are a good choice for domains, but I honestly would not recommend them for hosting.
    IceBlueHost | Premium Quality Hosting Solutions
    Shared | Reseller | Xen VPS | Dedicated | cPanel | Softaculous | CLoudLinux | Game Servers
    True 24x7 Support | No Overselling | Servers in France and Canada
    Follow us on Twitter for the latest news and special promotions

Well there have been lots of mixed +ve and -ve reviews about godaddy hosting , so it comes down to your "LUCK" in the end, cause i think there are 50% bad reviews and 50% good reviews. So if you go by numbers its just matter of ur luck .
    12+ years -same website , new server [SSD Inside] providing shared/reseller hosting only !
    These things we do not provide/offer : Unlimited Storage ! Unlimited Bandwidth ! But Why? Cause, we were unable to put such a large number on our pages, it just would not fit.
    So check out the numbers that actually fit >> << the page as well as your budget too !

It depends on your expectations, too: if you're expecting power hosting, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. GoDaddy.com is a power player in the budget hosting field, and they serve the needs of simple Websites very well.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress • Joomla • OpenCart • Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

I said this in another recent GoDaddy thread. I personally wouldn't use a company whose core business isn't web hosting. GoDaddy's core business is domain registrations, not hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Smith
    GoDaddy is a public company, unlike 99% of the hosts out there. So you could do a lot worse I suppose, at least you're dealing with someone who is credible and who will answer the phone when you call.

They are not a pulbic company, not like that makes any company "better"

Kind Regards,

For basic web sites I would say godaddy is going to handle it just fine but if your site is dynamically intensive or if you need anything custom then I'd say go for another host.

Quote Originally Posted by pt2004
    I just found an excellent hosting price for my websites:

GoDaddy 100GB space, and
    1,000GB data transfer, with
    unlimited domains,
    for just 6.99/month.

Any opinions about GoDaddy hosting?

Over-selling at it's finest! How many other people do you think took advantage of that great deal? This will be bad. Read other reviews around WHT about godaddy.com hosting before you make a decision.

Best Regards,

-Shaun-

Read other reviews around WHT about godaddy.com hosting before you make a decision.
    I agree, do a search and you will find plenty of negative reviews on godaddy's hosting part. Although they are a trusted domain registrar, registering your domain alone shouldn't cause you any troubles

they answer support emails quickly and they pick up the phone! great. however they people one the phone don't seem to know if you're calling about godaddy or one of their many other companies (interesting).