Are you able to send an email to hotmail account from Softlayer?

Hi,

For those who are having servers with Softlayer, Are you able to send email to hotmail account (inbox, bulk, trash folder)?

I do not receive any reject/bounce notification from hotmail and exim log file displays

Queued mail for delivery
    LOG: MAIN
    Completed

I have RDNS and SPF record setup on these servers.

Thanks
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

I don't have a hotmail but have you tried Gmail and Yahoo too? Usually for me, Gmail is always fast in receiving email but Yahoo can take almost 2 hours. I've tried that before by sending email from my localhost. I'm guessing Yahoo is kind of trying to filter out spams but if it compromise speed, then thumbs down for them.

I can send to yahoo, gmail and aol without any issue. My issue is only with hotmail account.
    current and satisfied customer of softlayer.com and webnx.com

When I use Gmain it loads very fast but as for Yahoo it can last for a long while.

Quote Originally Posted by swijaya0101
    Hi,

For those who are having servers with Softlayer, Are you able to send email to hotmail account (inbox, bulk, trash folder)?

I do not receive any reject/bounce notification from hotmail and exim log file displays

Queued mail for delivery
    LOG: MAIN
    Completed

I have RDNS and SPF record setup on these servers.

Thanks
    I had the exact same problem. You need to follow the steps here: http://postmaster.msn.com/Troubleshooting.aspx

When you email them they respond very quickly and will then get everything sorted for you.
    Centation Web Services
    Bristol based web design
    Offering website design, SEO, website hosting, website development and domain registration.