Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Urgent: outlook express problem... desperately need help a.s.a.p.

Hoping somebody here can help me fix this because it's quite urgent. I've been using outlook express for years now for email and I have many accounts setup in oultook for various websites under completely seperate identities. However this past ENTIRE day... all day long... it is IMPOSSIBLE to use outlook for ANY of these email accounts. This is NOT a problem with my webiste nor is this a temporary problem with the server my websites are hosted on. I have MANY different websites hosted at various different servers/places and outlook is doing this to ALL of my accounts.

This is a problem with the actual outlook program and I don't know how to fix it. When I open oultook it starts downloading all the emails however then it hangs and the entire program freezes and shows an error message saying "Outlook is not responding". Also as it's downloading my email it freezes... and then suddenly starts re-downloading again and downloading the same messages over an over and over again... then hangs and freezes. It's doing a binch of wacky strange things! I can't use the program at all! It just hangs and freezes... the program has gone completely boonkers!

Does anybody know what the problem might be? I've already tried rebooting and that didn't help. I even disabled my anti-spam filter in Macfee... that didn't help.

Isn't there some way to re-downlaod outlook or repair it? I haven't changed or touched anything... the program simply no longer works... does anybody know what the problem might be?

Please somebody help

Not aware of a specific fix - but if its an XP system you could try system restore and go back to a date it was last working
    good luck

Actually I think my outlook express is corrupt and I did upgrade my IE 6 to IE 7 a couple of days ago. So I'm using IE version 7 and outlook express version 6.0... is 6.0 the LATEST version of outlook express?

Maybe that's the problem?... that when I upgraded to IE 7 a couple of days ago somehow it screwed up my outlook express program since I know outlook and IE are tied together. I googled how to repair corrupt outlook exress but stilll don't understand how.

This is ridiculous... why on earth couldn't they have simply put in a remove/install/repair into my control panel add/removes programs? That would make things a lot easier!

How on earth do I repair outlook exoress? I hate problems like this... it really aggravates me

outlook express version 6.0 is the latest version, right? There is no version 7.0 for oultook yet, right?
    Last edited by Frosty; 11-11-2006 at 01:23 AM.

It could be a virus or a corrupt program. It could also be a problem with McCrappy.

Try this

backup the outlook info in

E:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft

and

E:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

If you cant see those folders, you may have to enable "show hidden files" in the explore folder options.

reinstall the app and reimport you data.

Hope that helps

The data you are looking for is probably in this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\<YOURUSERNAME>\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\<LONG STRING>\Microsoft\Outlook Express

"Repair" and "Outlook Express" don't go in the same sentence. The data format is usually fixable only using third party tools, if corruption is your issue. Vito had an issue like that a while back, but I think he lost the messages. Maybe fire a PM off his way.

And maybe ask the mods to create a Frosty Computers sub-section of this sub-section
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

You probably have allowed the mail store to grow too large and it has become corrupt causing the program to crash. OE uses files with a .DBX extension for the various folders in OE. Back those up then delete them, when you reopen OE it will recreate the default folders. Then test it out if it works then your old mail store was corrupt or too large. You can import them back in one at a time and delete the old mail you no longer need. When done compact all the folders.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

If it's hanging on a particular mail download, it could be a corrupt message on the server as well. Back when I used OE, every now and then this would happen and removing the offending message from the server fixed it.
    Can you log in via webmail?

Thanks for all the responses.

-It's not hanging on one particular email nor do I have too many emails stored. I only have a maxinum of maybe 100 emails stored in total in all folders combined on all accounts.
    -Yes I can use webmail on all accounts just fine.
    -I already disabled McCrappy (McAfee) and that didn't help.

When I open outlook on ANY of my accounts it starts downloading mail but then hangs 5 seconds later literally every single time I open outlook. When it hangs it starts doing all sorts of crazy things. Then it shows an error message "Outlook express is not responding" and I have to ALT/Control/Delete my way out of the program to escape.

This is very urgent I fx this because I really need to get to my email a.s.a.p. or I'm screwed. I don't want to downlaod another email client.. I really need to get this fixed

Mike V, I went to that area on my PC and found those folders listed in my C drive however I don't know what on earth to do then?

Also, how can I re-install outlook because it won't let me. When I try to re-install it says I already have a newer version of INTERNET Explorer installed and will not download outlook 6.0... is that the problem? That I need to upgrade from outlook 6.0 to 7.0.... or does outlook 7.0 not EXIST yet???

I need some simpleton step by step instructions on how to get rid of outlook and re-install it... for the life of me I can't make it do that

Please help.... thanks.

EDIT: I hope in Vista they will have a add/remove/repair for IE and outlook in the control panel, will they? Because this is REALLY idiotic!

This is ridiculous... it won't let me re-install outlook 6.0 because I have IE 7 installed on my computer and when I try to install to install outlook 6.0 it says I cannot do that because I already have a newer version of IE 7 installed.

Why on earth don't they have a outlook 7.0 yet? I have all my emails backed up... I simply want to eradicate and KILL this blasted outlook prgram and then re-install it but this idiotic setup is making it a pain in the neck! I don't know what to do....

I would bet that when I upgraded from IE 6 to IE 7 a few days ago that this is what CAUSED my outlook 6.0 to become corrupt. Arrrgghhh!

This is why I don't want to restore my PC to an earlier date... because I bet when I download IE 7 again if I do that it will corrupt outlook all over again and I'll be back to square one.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318378

http://www.theeldergeek.com/repair_r...e_and_oe_6.htm

Both discuss IE6, but if you use the registry settings they discribe you will be able to reinstall.
    "Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them." - Thomas Paine

I just tried following the below instructions so that I can re-install outlook and it's not working because for the life of me I cannot FIND the folder name they mention in step #3... can sombody please tell me where EXACTLY that is? I'm referring to: IsInstalled and REG_DWORD. Because the list is EXTREMELY huge and I cannot find that in the list anywhere so that I can move on to setp #4:

-------------------
    Windows XP and Windows XP SP1: Edit the registry and install Internet Explorer 6
    Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
    When you try to reinstall the same version of Internet Explorer, you may receive the following error message:
    Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system.
    Setup cannot continue.
    To avoid this error message and reinstall the same version of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, follow these steps: 1. While you are logged on as an administrator, click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Locate the appropriate registry subkey, right-click the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify.

To reinstall only the Internet Explorer 6 browser component on Windows XP, use the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}
    To reinstall only Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, use the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}
    4. Change the value data from 1 to 0, and then click OK.
    5. Quit Registry Editor, and then install Internet Explorer 6.
    6. To reinstall Windows XP updates, visit the following Microsoft Windows Update Web site:
    ------------------------------

Also, is outlook express the latest version of outlook or is 7.0? Can somebody PLEASE tell me this? Because I am using outlook 6.0 and was using IE 6 and when I upgraded to IE 7 it did NOT upgrade my outlook to 7.0 as well... is this because there is no such thing as outlook 7.0 yet?????
    Last edited by Frosty; 11-11-2006 at 06:19 PM.

Outlook Express 6 was replaced by a new Mail application, but the only way to get it is to upgrade to Vista. For Windows XP you are running the most current version. Although there were lots of small updates to version 6.0. Make sure to visit http://update.microsoft.com and click Custom to show all available updates. A couple for Outlook Express are not classified as Critical.
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

I see thanks... I'll get Vista when it's released and I buy a new PC. But until then I really need to fix this ASAP and am running out of time.

I'm trying to re-install outlook express 6.0 in that case by editing the registry... but do you see step #3? I pasted it below:

-----------------------------
    Step #3. Locate the appropriate registry subkey, right-click the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify.

Where on earth is IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) in that huge list? I cannot find it! Here's a screenshot of the list... WHERE EXACTLY is IsInstalled (REG_DWORD)??? I cannot find it therefore I cannot proceed to step #4....

If somebody could PLEASE tell me so I can proceed to step #4 that would be greatly appreciated... I simply cannot find it anywhere in order to modify it...
    Last edited by Frosty; 04-13-2007 at 02:28 PM.

To determine if a 3rd party software is causing an issue, try rebooting in safemode with networking, then check your email.

You can also try a system file check and repair... try running this from a command prompt: sfc /scannow

You will need your windows xp cd in the drive for this to work.

Cheers

Norm
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

Thanks but nodbody seems to be answering my question... I cannot complete in step #3 I posted above because I cannot FIND that folder in the registry... can anybody tell me where EXACTLY that folder is in the registry mentioned in step #3 so that I can complete step#3... and modify that folder and move on to step #4?

I'd rather just go ahead and re-install outlook... I think it became corrupt when I recently upgraded IE 6 to IE 7 because since then outlook has become corrupt... or maybe it's my McAfee anti=spam program but wahetever caused the problem doesn't matter... I just need to fix it by re-installing outlook... but I cannot re-install because I can't FIND that folder in the registry!

Anybody tell me where excatly it is????..........
    Last edited by Frosty; 11-12-2006 at 05:30 PM.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}

When you open up regedit click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    It will open up, navigate to SOFTWARE and click on it
    Then navigate to Microsoft
    Then navigate to Active Setup
    Then navigate to Installed Components
    Then navigate to {44BBA840-CC51-11CF-AAFA-00AA00B6015C}

trau,

Thanks very much for pin-pointing it for me.. I would have NEVER found it! But I have a problem... I found it... and then all I did was simply change the value from 1 to 0 and then exited the registry... but NOTHING happened. I still have outlook express installed as well as IE 7... I thoguht doing this was supposed to re-install everyting? But it didn't?

I cannot re-install outlook express because it's bundled together with IE and when I try to re-install outlook express it says that I cannot do that because I already have a newer version of IE installed. What am I supposed to do? I'm afraid I'm going to screw something up in the registry.. all I did so far was go to the outlook express string and set the value from 1 to 0 and then existed... what am I doing wrong?

I simply need to re-install outlook express and I did what the directions said to do below and it did NOT re-install? Arghhhhh!!!!

Directions:
    -------------------
    Windows XP and Windows XP SP1: Edit the registry and install Internet Explorer 6
    Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
    When you try to reinstall the same version of Internet Explorer, you may receive the following error message:
    Setup has detected a newer version of Internet Explorer already installed on this system.
    Setup cannot continue.
    To avoid this error message and reinstall the same version of Internet Explorer and Outlook Express, follow these steps: 1. While you are logged on as an administrator, click Start, and then click Run.
    2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
    3. Locate the appropriate registry subkey, right-click the IsInstalled (REG_DWORD) value, and then click Modify.

To reinstall only the Internet Explorer 6 browser component on Windows XP, use the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\{89820200-ECBD-11cf-8B85-00AA005B4383}
    To reinstall only Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, use the following registry key:
    4. Change the value data from 1 to 0, and then click OK.
    5. Quit Registry Editor, and then install Internet Explorer 6.
    6. To reinstall Windows XP updates, visit the following Microsoft Windows Update Web site:

Changing the registry values does not uninstall it, it merely fools the installer into not seeing it so you can reinstall it. Reboot the system after making the changes then reinstall.

I see thanks... I had forgotten to reboot. I edited both strings...one for IE and the other for outlook and then re-booted... I then tried to re-install IE 6 packaged together with outlook however I STILL receive that error message saying that I cannot re-ininstall it because a NEWER version of IE is already installed on my computer. Arrghhhh!!!!

How can I fix this??? Remeber I recently upgraded my IE 6 to IE 7.... WHY is it STILL giving me that error message and not allowing me to re-install IE 6 with outlook???

I'm getting extremely frustrated and fed up with this... why on earth do they have this idiotic setup. After I re-booted my computer it said that both IE and outlook had been removed... so I then tried to re-install IE 6 packaged with outlook but it will NOT allow it!

And if I download IE 7... it ONLY downlaods the browser... it doesn't download outlook... how can I fix this? WHY is it that when I install IE 7 it does NOT install outlook???

Isn;t there a string for IE 7 in the registry? Because I only edited the string for outlook express and IE 6... but NOT for IE 7... maybe that's the problem???

Can somebody PLEASE help me as I'm running out of time. I juts did a restore to an earlier date... BEFORE I installed IE 7 and when it completed the restore IE 7 was still there! WHY on earth did the restore to an earlier date NOT remove IE 7???

I installed IE 7 on nov 7th so I restored to nov 1st but this did NOT remove IE 7... WHY???

How do I get rid of IE 7? I want to go back to using IE 6... I cnanot stand IE 7... not only that I've been reading that there are MANY poeple having problems with IE 7 and outlook... IE 7 is screwing up outlook.

I want to get rid of IE 7 and use IE 6 again but how???

I am REALLY getting fed up with this crap now!

I'm so p*ssed!!! I managed to "un-install IE 7" by doing what was told in this link:

http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

I then rebooted and tried to re-install IE 6 with outlook but it STILL gives me the error message that there is a NEWER version of IE installed an won't let me!!!

But I un-installed IE 7!!!! I guess it was a bullsh*t un-install and didn't REALLY un-install it completely. What kind of BS is this??? I;ve been reading tons of people have problems wiht IE 7 and outlook... I want to get RID of it. I managed to get back onto using IE 6 but STILL CANNOT re-install IE 6 nor outlook.

Am I going to have to do a factory restore on my computer to fix this mess?

Frosty,

If you went to a restore point your registry changes have been "un-done". Do the registry change again and you should be able to reinstall IE6

trau,

I just re-did the registry for both IE and outlook and it did not work. Remember the reason I did the restore to an earlier date was because when I edited the registry the frist time it didn't work at all in the first place. Which is why I then did the restore to an earlier date to try to get rid of IE 7 which did not work either.

In order to un-install IE 7 I had to go into the add/remove programs and then place a checkmark in "show updates"... you could then SEE IE 7 in the list and un-install it.

However that does NOT really uninstall IE 7 completely because even though it says it has un-installed IE 7... if you then reboot and try to install IE 6 it will show an error that a NEWER version of IE is already installed therefore you cannot install IE 6. Therefore this means that this idiotic computer never really uninstaleld IE 7 completely even though it said that it did.

So basically you are screwed!!! I'm going to do a factory restore on this computer... I see no other way to fix this mess. Why on earth would anybody make such an idiotic setup such as this?

This is plain crazy! Now I have to do a factory restore... backup all my files... this is going to take HOURS. Then I have to re-installl all my programs e.t.c.... not looking forward to this.

Great

I offically give up and am doing a factory restore. At least this way I will know the problem will be fixed 100% and I will make sure to NEVER EVER install IE 7 on XP ever again!

But thanks for your help... now I get to wipe this computer clean and start all over.

I offically give up and am doing a factory restore. At least this way I will know the problem will be fixed 100% and I will make sure to NEVER EVER install IE 7 on XP ever again!
    A big warning then because as soon as you do your restore and run Windows Update IE7 will be installed automatically. Make sure you turn off Automatic Updates and then pick them manually each time!
    Steve

Or you could download a real mail client and import the OE messages...I know you don't want to, but it would save you the hassle of formatting, etc, etc....

Vortex-Steve,
    Thanks for the warning... I didn't even think of that. So if I have automatic updates turned on it will install IE 7 all over again?

Shoot.. in that case I would really prefer to fix this problem and keep IE 7 but I can't fix this problem!

I already edited the registry... that didn't work. I then un-installed IE 7... that didn't work. No mater what I do I CANNOT re-install outlook express! This is because I keep getting an error message saying that I already have a newer version of IE installed and it won'tlet me? How can I fix this once and for all so that I can re-install outlook express?

kvnband,
    I suppose I could install and use another email client altogether... but I've gotten so used to outlook express and I was also hoping to fix this problem.

This is driving me crazy!!

There HAS to be a string I can edit in the registry for IE 7 so that I can re-install outlook express... isn't there???

P.S- Maybe if I do a factory restore and wipe everything clean and it does re-install IE 7 it won't corrupt outlook express again do you think? Maybe this was just a one-time fluke you think? But I googled this and saw that MANY people had this exact same problem I did with outlook express when they updated to IE 7...

I think I'm going to ditch outlook express altogether... I've been turned off to it after this idiotic mess. What hassle.

What other email client is there that is most similar to outlook express appearance/layout wise?... I guess Ill just download a bunch of different ones.. hopefully find one I like.

But I still wish I could find a way to re-install outlook expres... I mean seriously... this SHOULD be a SIMPLE task!!! Are these microsoft people on crack? This is terrible.

Thunderbird is great and extremely easy to use (with built in junk mail controls)
    Pegasus?(still under development?)
    Eudora?(again, still under development?)

I haven't used anything but thunderbird since it came out, so I don't know who the players are..

kvnband,

I see thanks. But isn't thunderbird tied in together with the mozilla browser? I'd rather not have anything that's tied in together with a browser after what happened with outlook express and IE... or am I incorrect in thinking this and do not know what I'm talking about? All I know is that outlok express is tied in together with the IE browser so that has me all paranoid now...

I just downloaded the pocomail email client... this one seems pretty good and very similar to outlook but it's $40 bucks... I wanted a free one

I'll download and try Pegasus, Eudora and thunderbird... hopefull they are free but I'm betting they aren't. I just need a really RELIBALE email client since this is for business. I've been stuck using webmail for the past 4 days now because of this idiotic outlook express disaster.

Sorry I have yet another question... what if it wasn't IE 7 that made outlook express corrupt but something else (I'm SURE it was but what IF it wasn't)... if I download and use another email client such as pocomail or thunderbird... you don't think that this something that corrupted outlook express could also corrupt my new email client do you? I mean if the bad guy wasn't IE 7 but something else...

Now I'm all paranoid...

I just did a factory restore and wiped my entire computer clean and of course outlook express is now working again

But I want to make sure to NEVER install IE 7 on this computer ever again. I'll wait for Vista to come out and then use IE 7. I turned automatic updates off because I don't want to accidentally install IE 7... but I don't even use windows updates.. I've always used microsoft update... will it clearly list IE 7 in the updates so that I know NOT to install it?

Is it easy to accidentally install IE 7? Or will it CLEARLY list that it will install IE 7 in the update so I know not to do that update?

Thanks.

I seriously doubt IE7 caused this. More likely Outlook Express reached some
    limit on the number of messages it can handle and corrupted your inbox. If you have hundreds or thousands of messages consider upgrading to Outlook which is must more robust. Or use a different email client like Thunderbird. Otherwise you'll keep going in this circle.

No, as mentioned before I do not have thousands of messages in my inbox... not even hundreds... the max is maybe 100... barely anything at all. I receive 200 spams per day and my spam folder is cleared out daily.

This is not what caused the problem. Plus I've been reading online that there are many people who have sudden problems with oultook express right after upgrading to IE 7 because outlook express is tied together with IE. If you goggle it you will see what I'm talking about. Many people who had the same problem as I did right after upgrading to IE 7 with outlook express.

I've been using outlok express for almost 6 years now and NEVER had this problem until I upgraded to IE 7. But who knows...

I seriously doubt IE7 caused this.
    I agree. I am leaning more towards a corrupt OE inbox or McAfee broke something.

Glad to hear you got it fixed though
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

Thunderbird is completely free and not tied in at all with firefox or mozila

But if it was a corrupt OE inbox then why was it doing it to ALL my accounts? I have 5 seperate websites all with seperate identities. Or I guess that would affect all accounts? I don't know...

Actually... yeah I also think there is a very high possibly that McCrappy (McAfee) anti-spam program could have done it.

I think I'm going to ditch outlook express anyway... since you guys are saying that it cannot handle a lot of messages or it will become corrupt?

Mike V,
    You mentioned that outlook express cannot handle a lot of messages... if I go out of town and can't clear out my inbox for a few days... when I come home my inbox would be FLOODED with THOUSANDS of messages. So you think this could corrupt outlok express? In that case I really do need to find a better more decent mail client. Is outlook.. not outlook express... but outlook... is this exactly like outlook express but much more robust? And outlook isn't tied to IE like outlook express is right?

I also downloaded Pocomail email client... have you guys heard of that? Would that be able to handle MUCH more messages than outlook express? I mean it has to be much better than outlook express, right?

I'm going to go download those other email clients and tryto pick the best one...

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    Mike V,
    You mentioned that outlook express cannot handle a lot of messages... if I go out of town and can't clear out my inbox for a few days... when I come home my inbox would be FLOODED with THOUSANDS of messages. So you think this could corrupt outlok express? In that case I really do need to find a better more decent mail client. Is outlook.. not outlook express... but outlook... is this exactly like outlook express but much more robust? And outlook isn't tied to IE like outlook express is right?
    Outlook Express, from what I've read here and on other forums, can become corrupted in the situation you've described here. There's also a small chance that it became damaged through a disk error or the like, too. The biggest problem with Outlook Express is that its database engine isn't self-repairing, so you have to trust third party paid programs to fix it. And from other posts I've read that doesn't always work either. At least the Outlook .PST format is easier to recover. I've worked on user mailboxes that are almost 2Gb that were not corrupt.

Outlook Express and Outlook both use IE for the same reason. To render the messages themselves. Each program doesn't rely on the browser to store messages, which is why I think the IE7 installation was not the culprit.

You can also add Eudora to your consideration list. www.eudora.com. My dad has used it for seven years through most versions and it hasn't lost any of his thousands (or possibly tens of thousands) of emails.

Using Outlook Express and IE is not a requirement. If I were you I'd just switch to Thunderbird for email, and Firefox for most web browsing. Use IE only when necessary. That's what I do.

I just downloaded Pegasus and couldn't stand the layout. I hated the layout of this program.. the entire program looks really sloppy!

I then downloaded Eudora and Thunderbird but couldn't fiqure out how to create seperate identities. How can I create completely seperate identities in euroda and thunderbird like I can in outlook express? I have 5 different websites and I want SEPERATE identities for each websites email account so that each mail account is completely seperate but I don't see how to do that in euroda and thunderbird?

Do you guys know how to? I can't fiqure it out

But out of all of the email clients I just downlaoded and tried I really prefer and like the email client Poco Mail the best... are you guys familiar with that email client? I think I want to use Poco Mail instead of any of these other email clients... but hope it's a good one?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    How can I create completely seperate identities in euroda and thunderbird like I can in outlook express? I have 5 different websites and I want SEPERATE identities for each websites email account so that each mail account is completely seperate but I don't see how to do that in euroda and thunderbird?

Do you guys know how to? I can't fiqure it out

But out of all of the email clients I just downlaoded and tried I really prefer and like the email client Poco Mail the best... are you guys familiar with that email client? I think I want to use Poco Mail instead of any of these other email clients... but hope it's a good one?

Thanks.
    Thunderbird has great help:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/thunderbird/

I see poco mail cost $39... no way I would download and pay for that. Not with the great free clients available.

It really does not matter what other people like... you use what is best for you... what you like. Heck, I use three, outlook express, outlook and thunderbird. Four if you count my client on my Mac. Five if you count my pda's client.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast