Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Tax question

  1. #1

    Tax question

    When i register as self employed and register my webhosting business in the UK, can i purchase goods (computer goods) without paying tax, if i purchase them as a business.

    Love technology and business!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Goleta, CA
    ask a CPA in England. Generally though you aren't exempt from tax.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

  3. #3
    I thought that purchases made as a business are exempt from tax

    Could someone please shed some light.
    Love technology and business!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sheffield, United Kingdom

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_cogan
    If you are VAT registered then you can get an exemption on paying VAT on some purchases, not just for registering your business
    ok thanks

    I will do some research and will update this thread with information i find about tax issues in the UK for future reference.
    Love technology and business!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts