Enterprise Knowledge Management System

Hey guys/gals!

This didnt tie into any particular category so Im going to toss it in the lounge here. I have recently been given the task to find a software solution that will allow our employees and departments to share documents, articles, data, etc. We are basically looking for a knowledge management system.

The problem started when all employees (100 of us) became dependant on saving documents in multiple places on our network shared drive. Now we have over 237GB of random data/knowledge/information whatever you want to call it scattered around the network drive with no form of order.

The goal is to find a solution that we can use to make our data available on a web intranet. Where knowledge that is deemed worthy of publishing is placed into the appropriate category.

Has anyone had any experience with this? And can anyone direct me to a solution?

As far as funding goes I've been granted a budget of mid $XX,XXX which includes money for the solution, testing, and deployment.

Thanks!

I think probably creating an ms sharepoint site solution would work for you. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/win...t/default.mspx go ahead and take a peek it should be what you need.

Thanks Kris. I did take a look at Sharepoint earlier this week. It looks like a great tool but doesnt quite look what we are going to need. Thanks for the suggestion though.