Thread: Nocster down

Nocster down

I am having trouble access my Nocster server this morning.

According to the tech I talked to on the phone, it is a result of an installation that involves the routers, and they they had to disable an interface.

I consider this completely unacceptable. I can't believe that they do business this way.

I hope it comes back up soon.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Hardware failure/upgrades are part of running a datacenter. You cant say its "unacceptable" because it HAS to happen occassionally.

It would certainly be nice to know about these things ahead of time wouldn't it? I am seeing ping times ranging from 1000ms all the way up to 7600ms, always through the sprintlink connection.

Occassionally it drops to an acceptibe rate, but it doesn't seem to be lasting for more than a few minutes.

Oh well, hopefully the upgrade will go quickly and things can return to normal soon.
    <!-- boo! -->

It seems to be back now.

What I was told is AT&T was having network Troubles , so they Switched Everything to Sprint and UUnet.
    phantasyworkshosting.com

You should get used to it. Happens every 2-3 days at BurstNET/Nocster.

You better check your facts "thetruestory". Hardware issues happen, there aren't any providers that are immune to these things.

Oh, every two to three days? Hardly

"This is unacceptable"

Well, no, it's a perfectly acceptable glitch.

What's wrong with people? I see people everywhere claiming "it's my right, you're violating my rights" and so forth. Now everything is unacceptable just because it causes a small inconvenience to you.

Well, get used to it and quit whining like you are sooo outraged....

-Chris.
    ps: ...and everybody knows I'm not affiliated with Burst whatsoever. Just my own opinion,
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

I've had a server at RackShack now for 45 days and have experienced 100% uptime on my network Segment. So if you have a problem with your provider's uptime, you can always move

Nocster sounds pretty good though from their sales responses, so I'd give them a little bit more of a chance. A few minutes of downtime is unavoidable, as long as it doesn't happen again for at least a few months. And if it was scheduled maintenance/upgrades rather than an emergency cutover, maybe the email notification got lost along the way and next time you will be informed in advance. Do they have a support forum or how do you get announcements from Burst/Nocster?
    Last edited by panopticon; 06-20-2002 at 02:23 PM.

No worries, they are taking care of things. To my knowledge there haven't been any actual network blackouts yet, just some slow downs while they switch things around and take care of business.

Unnacceptable? This is hardly that, it's merely an inconvenience and a mild one at that.
    <!-- boo! -->

yeah
    now a days, everybody on here wants everything for $99/month

get real

"unacceptable" my ass
    things happen
    you just have to deal with it

have you lost millions of dollars?

so what if i sign up for your hosting company
    www.AlphaOmegaHosting.Com

i order
    you guys send me my welcome email, but i never get it because it somehow got lost,nobodys fault

Does this give me the right to maek a big deal saying THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE, ic an't believe www.AlphaOmegaHosting.Com does business this way, CHARGING MY CC AND NOT giving me my hosting

I DEMAND! A REFUND

hah

and then i should come on wht and make a bad thread about your company

gj
    Last edited by clocker1996; 06-20-2002 at 02:55 PM.

also
    dan, if you seroiusly consider this "unacceptable" maybe nocster isnt your deal

if you are looking for mission critical hosting go to rackspace

If you were a BurstNET client for more than a year you would know what the truth is. The network goes down all the time, soemtimes for 3 hours at 4am with absolutely no explanation. Once youre with them for long enough, you will have the same experience. Youll remember me.

Its unacceptable for BurstNET clients who pay $500 for reliability. 99.5% uptime guarantee? Thats 3.5 hours/month downtime. They screw that up in 1 night.

truestory,

*gasp* with only ten posts!

if you burstnet does go down that much why stay with them for a year?

doesn't make sense. you are the first person ive seen to say they go down every 2-3 days which doesn't really make me believe you

You will believe me when i post with my real screen name. Soon enough.

Why don't you do that now, as it is tiring to read your posts . You want to be a coward, fine, but it will only make you look like a complete fool when the time comes to 'unmask' thetruestory. Silliness... just silliness...

Maybe I'm getting too old for this...

Edit to fix very bad spelling: How many times do I have the kids repeat, "Change the y to i..." and I write 'sillyness'
    Last edited by Chicken; 06-21-2002 at 03:30 AM.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

• Chicken

and the question still remains
    why would you stay with them for a year or more, if they are so bad

Originally posted by thetruestory
    You should get used to it. Happens every 2-3 days at BurstNET/Nocster.
    That is hardly true , until the router issue I havent had any downtime .

Originally posted by clocker1996
    and the question still remains
    why would you stay with them for a year or more, if they are so bad
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Why are you bad mouthing a company under a alias ? personally when you reveal yourself most of us won't believe your story and why should we believe you? All posting under a alias show is lack of credabilt IMHO.
    phantasyworkshosting.com

I have been in the networking industry for 12 years. I regularly perform maintenance for many large Fotrune 500 companies. We never do installations that could effect network availability without notice and during a time that is more acceptable to problems....ie 4am.

It is unacceptable to knowingly (atleast according to the tech I talked to) make changes to the network in such a way that it will effect customer access. I have been in similar situations many times. If you come to a point in an install where something has to be turned off or restarted. You stop and wait for your downtime window.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

Originally posted by thetruestory
    If you were a BurstNET client for more than a year you would know what the truth is. The network goes down all the time, soemtimes for 3 hours at 4am with absolutely no explanation. Once youre with them for long enough, you will have the same experience. . . . . . .
    hmmmm . . . . . . I've been there. You must be at a different BurstNET than me. That has not been my experience at all.

Frankly I am tired of your unsubstantiated whining. You sound like you're a WHT member, trolling under a different name.

Go whine somewhere else.

*unsubscribes from thread
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.