Thread: E85 Gas... NO!

E85 Gas... NO!

so many people think they can just use e85 fuel, but they can not!

We own older models of the Chevrolet Tahoe and Cavalier. How will these vehicles run on the new E85 fuel? Is there something I should do to insure maximum efficiency for the new E85 fuel?

Donít use it! E85, which is 85 percent ethyl alcohol (ethanol) and just 15 percent gasoline, is designed for use in flexible-fuel vehicles. Their engines are built to run on a variety of different fuels. Using E85 in any other vehicle, such as yours, will cause problems.

its really too bad because 105 octane sounds dreamy!
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

they are not saying make a one day switch. we both live in minnesota. Just imagine what it will do for the economy. Fact is that we will run out of oil. 15% is a step in the right direction.

The problem in this country is we produce far too much corn, so we have corn-based ethanol. Sugar based ethanol (used in countries like Brazil) is far more effective. E85 gives you horrible gas milage, so while you do end up using up less gas in the end, it's not nearly as good as many people think.
    Doyle Lewis
    BuyHTTP Internet Services - In business since 2003
    Business Hosting | nginx, CloudLinux, Varnish cache, and CDP with every business account
    Shared, Reseller, Semi Dedicated, VPS, Cloud, Dedicated - We can grow with you

Quote Originally Posted by mohamoud
    they are not saying make a one day switch. we both live in minnesota. Just imagine what it will do for the economy. Fact is that we will run out of oil. 15% is a step in the right direction.
    i think the e85 concept is great. what i dont understand is how sweden is one of the top users of it, sweden builds volvos (what i drive) but volvos dont use e85!

i see lots of e85 stations here and in iowa. better prices too.

e85 fuel per mile it not that much lower, in properly designed cars and usage. However it requires special seals/gaskets that typical petrol doesn't.
    My dodge sedan was a fleet model that has been e85 ready for some time, but here in West Texas we don't have any e85 stations(except at some military bases).

Quote Originally Posted by (Stephen)
    e85 fuel per mile it not that much lower, in properly designed cars and usage. However it requires special seals/gaskets that typical petrol doesn't.
    My dodge sedan was a fleet model that has been e85 ready for some time, but here in West Texas we don't have any e85 stations(except at some military bases).
    Kroger #577
    7415 North MacArthur Boulevard
    Irving, TX 75063
    972-831-8357

Kroger #460
    4038 Old Denton Road
    Carrollton, TX 75007
    972-512-3355

Kroger #598
    9732 Coit Road
    Plano, TX 75025
    972-377-7796