I have a big forum found in this forum 51.000 members.
I'am want move to Godaddy shared hosting.
Can godaddy working this forum fine and the forum don`t make load in server ?
Unfortunately I don't have any first-hand experience with Go Daddy. However, my suggestion for you is to write them an email and ask them this question. BTW, 51,000 members is a heck of alot. That must be one popular site
If you are talking about resource limits as far as GoDaddy goes, you might only have luck talking with them as mentioned above, but it doesn't hurt to search. Also try to Google reviews on their hosting.
what type of bandwidth and diskspace are you using? are you sure shared hosting is what you need.... is the site not that important to you.... you should consider moving it to semi dedicated if you have that many members (assuming many of them are active)
GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet
Or get a solid shared account - people seem to have forgotten what shared means:
A managed server
Burstable resources, on-demand
Please, let's relegate the new, common definition of "shared hosting" to the garbage, or better yet call it what it is: budget hosting. A well-engineered Shared solution is more cost and time effective then anything else. Hell, a Cluster could be considered a Shared solution. Things to look for:
I'm godaddy client wirh domain for the last 5 years.
I order a godaddy hosting account only to makey a daily backup my VPS
Nearly 700Mb a day (20 files of 35Mb each) and this happend....
1) I buy a window hosting
Fail nearly 50% at the first 50Mb
Fail 90% at the first 100Mb
And never could transfer more than 150Mb
2) I ask support and they suggest to change my godaddy window hosting to linux
This was very, very simple and in few minutes migration work's fine.
3) It work better than windows, but....
Never pass the 300Mb
4) I talk with support again and they suggest to make smaller upload (by FTP's) and take 5 minutes between transfer.
But control panel doesnt have cron (it's very, very poor).
I use my VPS cron and nearly all the files transfer, but.... I try to download them to my local disk and open (gzip files). None of the files work !!!
Again with support and say "sometimes happend"
5) I claim my money back and Godaddy they return it without problem
6) I order a Surfspeedy.com hosting account (100Gb) and everything work fine, but after 3 day's when I was using 20Mb they send me a mail that TOS doesnt enable to use the account with "no-web material" and delete my account with my data and keep my money !!
7) At this moment I have an account at servage.com (250Gb) and it work fine, at this moment I have 350Gb because they have a refereing coupon plan and give 25Gb disk space to each one (to me and to the new client).
I also have script to rotate backup.....if someone like the script or the referal code them please PM