Who is the best shared host regardless of cost?

Regardless of cost, who provides the best customer service and uptime?

Well that really relies on what your needs are, and what you consider great service and support. Many companies vary in this effect, and the best way to find out is just to try out a company, or at least talk to their support staff, and ask some questions. Always ALWAYS look for a money back refund policy, and NEVER do any contracts or pay for many months in advance with a provider if it is the first time you are hosting with them. Also make sure you keep very current backup's just incase you need to move.

You will see mixed reviews on each host, as everyone has different opinions towards your question. The best would be to research yourself and take the "risk".. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    "There is no best host, only the host that is best for you."
    I think that's probably the only true answer you can get on this subject.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

It depends on your needs, budget, knowledge . . . and monitoring services and patience
    Gonzalo
    "To venture is to risk one's life; not to venture is to lose one's reason to live"

Quote Originally Posted by budbiss
    Regardless of cost, who provides the best customer service and uptime?

Ahh, thats such a broad question. A forum this size with 100,000+ members (MANY that are web hosts) Im afraid everyone would claim they had the best to offer. Its become such a saturated market now that there are just too many hosts to pick from.
    You can browse the forums here and try to sift through threads for some reviews.
    If you are able to narrow a few company names down you could search here and also run the co. name through google.com and see what feedback results.
    Definitely email some potential hosts with some pre-sales questions.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Quote Originally Posted by mripguru
    Originally Posted by SoftWareRevue
    "There is no best host, only the host that is best for you."
    I think that's probably the only true answer you can get on this subject.
    How true!

It depends on your needs, budget, knowledge . . . and monitoring services and patience
    Your needs, budget and knowlege should apply only to which host you eventually decide on. Budget should have no bearing on the quality of support. Well known, established companies can have mediocre support, while younger companies strive to make customer support a top priority. Monitor a few hosts on your own to check their uptime. In other words, top dollar doesn't always get you the best support and uptime, but neither does bargain basement pricing.
    Country-Tyme Web Hosting - Reliable shared and reseller hosting
    *Affordable hosting solutions with cPanel / WHM / RVskins
    *30 Day money back guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by countrytyme
    How true!

Your needs, budget and knowlege should apply only to which host you eventually decide on. Budget should have no bearing on the quality of support. Well known, established companies can have mediocre support, while younger companies strive to make customer support a top priority. Monitor a few hosts on your own to check their uptime. In other words, top dollar doesn't always get you the best support and uptime, but neither does bargain basement pricing.
    Your right it shouldn't have bearing on the quality of support, unfortunately today it does in many cases.

I agree with the statement that countrytyme made in a big way! The top dollar web host may or may not be better than the bottom of the barrel, but chances are (with the industry the way it is now) it will be. Thats why I strongly suggest going with a provider that has a money back policy! Can't loose unless they take your money and run...thus make sure good communication is had before signing up with any host!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses! I understand its a broad question. I was just hoping to get some recommendations.