Thread: Advertising

Advertising

How do you all advertise and get new clients? I know SEO can go a long way... but then again, it can only go so far. Do you target specific things that you are able to meter the results of, or do you just blindly advertise and hope they sign up?

-Chris

Is this a serious question for member since 2002 at WHT and 171 posts ?

Maybe he signed up, posted a lot and then disappeared - I'm too lazy to find out.

Anyhow, this is a way vague of a question. SEO can go a long way but it takes a lot to do it too so I would hardly present that as the best of solutions. Advertising is complex enough that it's an industry in itself.

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

It really all depends. You will find some providers or many websites for that matter that are obsessed with SEO and the continued development of the SEO on their website. There is a very good reason for this, search engines besides word of mouth will be your second largest asset...if done right (or not spending thousands of PPC or ROS adverts) SEO can go all the way, and the only limit is number one! Local advertising is excellent, press releases are a great way to promote a business, newspapers, flyers, etc.

Well put together companies in most cases will have a highly skilled marketing team in place to make sure that money is not getting thrown out on worthless advert stunts. I am sure you can pick up great books regarding web advertising, and even better ways to get the ranks up on SEO

You can start by going to http://www.seochat.com

I hope you have great success in your advertising!
    Last edited by Swelly; 11-09-2006 at 11:55 PM.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

SEO, and general advertising banners works for me. You have to build reputation first. You can read all the SEO books in the world, and still not have 1 unique hit.

Advertise locally. That is HUGE!
    Check out my new Chrome Extension - Server Admin Tool
    frustratedtech.com - Helpful Server Tech Advice

The point of the post was to be vauge. I am looking for people to share their general "big picture" approaches to advertising. Perhaps I should delete the post... this may not be the right place for this type of discussion.

I think this is an Ok place to discuss this.

As for what works best, SEO and article writing have always been the big draws for me/us/any hosting company I've worked at. I've occassionally spent $$$ on paid advertising (Google AdWords works well), but the two methods I just mentioned have always worked the best when on a shoestring.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

There are also banners and pay per click ads at hosting catalog sites or search engines.
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

craigslist.com
    local
    Word of mouth.
    Referral incentives
    Sales.... meet people and tell them you host and would be glad to host for them... I get many accounts when shopping around... If I see a restaurant that does not have a website on the menu, I suggest it. If I see a lawyer that does not have his own domain, I suggest it.
    I hope that helps. there is plenty of business out there, so I do not mind sharing.
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

I think that the best way is seo

Quote Originally Posted by ITAhmed
    craigslist.com
    local
    Word of mouth.
    Referral incentives
    Sales.... meet people and tell them you host and would be glad to host for them... I get many accounts when shopping around... If I see a restaurant that does not have a website on the menu, I suggest it. If I see a lawyer that does not have his own domain, I suggest it.
    I hope that helps. there is plenty of business out there, so I do not mind sharing.

definetly think this is a good idea. Even though i have not started advertising my business, this is sort of the route i am going to take.. ..
    Love technology and business!

Hello,

"Word of mouth" - cheapest and best way

Cheers,
    Beruska
    Flash Live & VoD Streaming solutions 4 All.
    RTMP, HTML5, RTSP