Question JaguarPc experience?

Hello, ive read great things about jaguarpc so i am thinking of moving my site to host with them. Im about to outgrow my current shared environment (no real #'s on how much resources im using, but i am "approaching the limit").

I would rather avoid dedicated hosting & vps for now, so I am considering there semi-dedicated package. I would like to hear some responses from any one thats used that package before & might have some experiences to share. My current bandwidth/storage is fine, its the memory & database activity that has my current provider worried. So what im really asking here is, does any one have any experience that would confirm/debunk jaguars claims to have lightly loaded semi-dedicated servers that are a considerable upgrade from a standard shared plan?

I know its not that much money that i should be real worried about giving it a trial month, but i would hate to move my site over & do dns changes just to recieve another warning letter for too much sql activity or get there and find out the servers are bogged down from everyones "extra resource" usage.

Thanks in advance,

yes, I've been a customer with them for more than half ayear.

Lately they were just ridiculous, their servers were so crowded and they even asked me to move to a dedicated for a medium-sized (2-3k uniques, static) website.

They shut my vps down for without notifying me resulting big impact on my site. Now the visitors are only 1/10 of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by aRxS
    yes, I've been a customer with them for more than half ayear.

Lately they were just ridiculous, their servers were so crowded and they even asked me to move to a dedicated for a medium-sized (2-3k uniques, static) website.

They shut my vps down for without notifying me resulting big impact on my site. Now the visitors are only 1/10 of the past.
    Sorry you had that experience but I have to address this overcrowded issue. Our dualcore dual opt nodes are licensed using 30ve licenses. Anyone that buys from swsoft knows they come in 1,3,10,30,60 ve counts. 10 is far too little to make the business profitable on the powerhouse machines we use, 60 is aburdly too many. We buy 30 ve licenses but try to stick to about 20 ve's per node, 25 on some.

Ask around and youll find thats a very generous and standard amount among providers. If you were asked to upgrade Im sure the staff had a good reason. Im sorry about the impact on your site, I truly am. I wish you and your site all the best man.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

When i was with them all i can say is as under :

1. Network : 5/10 , dunno if they improved, but i had days with dial up speeds from server.

2. Support: 7/10 sometimes it takes some time to get issues handled in the right fashion. Plus forget about getting a reply stating what was reason and how they managed to fix it, it was annoying to me cause i like to know the root cause of problems and how they get handled.

3. Reliable : 9/10 even though i had days of dial up speed didnt see a downtime.

4. Performance: The vps i was on was 256 mb ram , and my site and everything was way slower than my previous vps of 128mb ram from steadfast, so performance was not too good.

Don't know what more to tell you about them.

PS: This is a review about them like 6 months back or so, things might have changed and improved so my review is not to be considered liable for any damages/losses that might occur to anyone.
    Last edited by Energizer Bunny; 11-24-2006 at 09:13 PM.

I'm using them right now as a VPS provider and have used them in the past as well. The VPS servie has been more than satisfactory and it definitely satisfies my hosting needs. The network performs very great, I max out my connection when downloading from my server, which is very good. Also, the dual opteron servers really handle all the stuff well and I don't experience any laggy times and such. Keep it up JPC!
    Image Hosting!
    http://www.imagepal.net
    Upload and Hotlink Images Anywhere!
    PM if interested in VPS, shared, or reseller hosting

I use them for managed reseller with a couple of accounts. Service uptime seems good and support has, at least for me been fast. My websites seem a little slow and ftp'ing files is slower then another host I use, mind you the other host is local and JaguarPC servers are located quite far away from me.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

I second bunny - not downtime but sometimes it gets real slow. Sometimes it can take up to 20-30 seconds to load a page. Support is good too.

I have a few sites hosted by them and I have no complaint.
    <<I don't need no stinking rules for signature setup!>>

I second bunny - not downtime but sometimes it gets real slow. Sometimes it can take up to 20-30 seconds to load a page.
    Probably just some peak usage overloading. How often does this happen?

It frequently jumps to 20 seconds to load my pages. It can get as low as 200 m/s but that is rare. My sites normally average at around 1,000-2,000 m/s, if I'm lucky.

The FTP is usually slow. And support always tells me its ok for them. Sometimes they say its ok and I cant even access my ftp.

But uptime and support is great. I have a few more days to decide about staying with them or cancelling.

ugh, 2000ms? Let me know what your account is, Id like to find out more about whats going on. We have recently indentified a few of our older machines, as in 2yrs+ old, that arent up to par with our new servers obviously older technolgoy wont be. And we are swapping them out this month but nothing at all to the extent your describing. Just a couple servers loading with loads of 5-6 we want to get down to under 1 .

Let me know more about your account if you would so I can do some homework. And dont be afraid to post this stuff in our own forums to discuss it further.
    Greg Landis | Founder Jaguarpc - Keeping websites happy since 1998
    Managed IT Solutions - Business hosting | Virtual Private Servers | Cloud VPS Hosting | Dedicated servers | Backup service
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | Twitter: @JaguarPC | (888)-338-5261 | sales @ jaguarpc.com

I currently have 3 accounts with Jaguar PC, 2 vps and a shared hosting account.

When everything was first setup I made a mistake causing some downtime, their support was quick and responsive and the team made sure everything was up and running VERY quickly. Im very happy with JaguarPC
    Jordan Jacobs | VP, Products|SingleHop| JJ @SingleHop.com
    Managed Dedicated Servers | Bare-Metal Servers | Cloud Services

Been with JagPC for over 4 years (yes, I'm an Aletia vet). Had some (in hindsight) relatively minor issues over that time, all of which were either resolved immediately (the rule), or sorted themselves out over time (the exception). You get your money's worth. I shop around once in a while and to get the package, access and control provided by Jag, I usually come up with estimates of double the price or more. If you're looking to spend twice the base rate, I could certainly name a couple of other names with better service records (which I won't in this thread). At the most popular budget rates though, you'll be hard pressed to find the hosting/support package that Jag offers.

Best regards