Experienced Programmer For Hire!

Hello WHT members!

I just left my previous job, and don't start my new one until early on in the new year. So until then, I thought I'd freelance/contract my skills to tide me over.

List Of Skills
    AJAX
    ASP/.NET (C# / VB)
    CFML
    CSS
    HTML (XHTML Compliant)
    Javascript
    Perl
    PHP 4/5 (Procedural / OOP)
    Python
    Ruby (On Rails)
    TCL
    Visual Basic
    XML

Database Functionality
    MySQL
    PostgreSQL
    Oracle
    SQlite

I'm also an adept Systems Administrator (Networking, Services (HTTPD / BIND / Exim / SMPP / e.t.c), and can handle the design side of things if needed.

Pricing Details
    Average Hourly Rate
    $12

Flat Rate
    If the project in question is fairly large, a flat rate will be negotiated.

Payment Options
    Cheque (15% Discount If Paid Upfront - UK Only)
    eGold
    Paypal
    Western Union (30% Discount If Paid Upfront)
    Wire Transfer (30% Discount If Paid Upfront)

If there's another method of payment that you'd prefer to use, it can be discussed and negotiated.

Pre-Made / Custom
    I don't deal in pre-made scripts, everything is build from the ground up and customized for the user. All rights are passed over to the contractor/buyer, and I'm willing to sign an NDA if needed.

Contact
    Either PM me, or respond here. You can also email me via my profile (I think!).

Note
    I was having PC and connectivity issues earlier in the week, this has since been rectified!

Because of this, I have lost the contact details of two former clients - if you could contact me ASAP, I would be most grateful (so I can send you your scripts!).

Note 2
    I also have a Laptop for sale, if anyone's interested. Model is "Asus W2Jb" - make me an offer!

are you using MSN mssngr? PM me your addy if you have one.
    We are looking for someone will work for us with our busy job traffic for flat-prices per job.

Thanks

I sent you a PM and you responded that you were going to email and never heard back. If it was your connectivity problems and you still want some work give me a shout.

this guy has been ignoring me and going offline when i pm him, evoide him unless he has a good reason and ill stand corrected. I payed him for a job which he said would take 48hours 3weeks later still no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by wings567
    this guy has been ignoring me and going offline when i pm him, evoide him unless he has a good reason and ill stand corrected. I payed him for a job which he said would take 48hours 3weeks later still no luck.
    I can verify this same behaviour. I've issued a dispute. It's unfortunate that it had to come to this. As far as his behaviour goes, I'd have to consider him a fraud. I had a very simple job, which I paid him well to perform, this was on 10-24-2006. 14 days later, no job performed. no script issued. and no refund issued. it's one thing after another...he calls it connectivity issues, I call it fraud.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com

Prior to posting a dispute, I have asked for a complete refund from this user for services not performed in any fashion. We will see whether the user cooperates and maintains his reputation on WHT or not.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

God bless me
    Tried scamming me too but no chance

i do think he can do all the things above as he started coding and showed me preview but then went off. Whenever i cought him online he would say 10 more min or ill email you it tonight time after time. Think ill go to paypal to get me money back.

*subscribes to thread.

Hi,

Just got back from getting a new PC (I presumed the old one was fixed, but there's nothing like crashing every 20 minutes).

I'll be refunding both of you in full, within the next 24 hours. If you would like the script on top of this for free, then I'll send that as well.

Tried scamming me too but no chance
    No one attempted to scam you, we spoke for five minutes - and I advised that if you didn't like the terms, that I wish you the best of luck in finding another programmer - simple as. How was there any form of a scam involved?

I've got quite a few happy clients from WHT, and I'm sorry that Nick and Wings had to be put through this bad situation - I am deeply apologetic for this!

It's all about communication. You'll learn that. It may have been a very rough two weeks for you, but anytime this happens in the future, I'd advise...

"You know, I've had a rough two weeks, I'm really not sure when I'll be able to complete this script. Here, I'll refund your money - and I'll talk to you in a few weeks when I'm stable again."

I trusted someone who has only been on WHT for a month, then the job doesn't get done, to me, I feel like I was an idiot...I think, and hope, you had the best of intents, but you knew the deadlines, and I had to choose someone else.

With the refund, I'll be satisified that you've truly only had a rough few weeks, and personally, I'll be willing to give you a second chance in the future, when you're stable again.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media

I totally understand Nick, and agree with you completely. You'll be receiving your refund shortly (going to go out in a minute and transfer money from one bank account to another).

Sorry to both Nick and Wings on this matter.

Where in the UK are you located?

BTW $12 an hour is about minimum wage!
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Quote Originally Posted by mdrussell
    Where in the UK are you located?

BTW $12 an hour is about minimum wage!
    Right now? Exeter. Moving to London very shortly though.

$12/hour is a current promotional rate I'm offering, in an attempt to bring in more clients and further my reputation.

i havnt had reply or refund from you.

PLEASE REPLY TO PM befor i get realy p***** of with you

No refund yet

C'mon buddy..I'm an optimistic person.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media