Best server provider? [Most Stable, fast]

Hello

What server provider seems to be the best? I'm with hivelocity at the moment, but they aren't doing anything for me. I need 99.99% uptime, a very stable provider. unmetered bandwidth and powerful servers. who do you reccomend?
    Linux/Windows Technician
    JCulpin [at] Gmail.com

theplanet.com is pretty good....100% network uptime, and they got the new woodcrest processors in.

another vote for The Planet, best network, but they should upgrade their servers , You can use also Softlayer, best servers on best price, just they had some network issues in the past.

How much unmetered are you needing? 20Mbit, 30Mbit, 50Mbit, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake
    Hello

What server provider seems to be the best? I'm with hivelocity at the moment, but they aren't doing anything for me. I need 99.99% uptime, a very stable provider. unmetered bandwidth and powerful servers. who do you reccomend?
    What is your budget? Layeredtech.com may not be the cheapest for unmetered bandwidth but their service is excellent. Check them out.
    Let us know who you go with! Good luck!

Budget it $2000 /month

We went with SoftLayer, Quad AMD, 8GB RAM, 6000GB Bandwidth 100mbps port.

Nice company
    Linux/Windows Technician
    JCulpin [at] Gmail.com

Good choice. Update us in a month or two and let us know how their service has been.
    Good luck

I take serious offense to this post considering I have personally been chatting with this customer on MSN since yesterday. We have replied to each of his trouble tickets on a "self-managed" server very quickly. We have looked over each of the servers and tested both internally and externally finding no problems. We HAVE, however, found potential problems on his/her side that could be causing the issue and advised customer what he/she might try to correct.

I very much value this customers business and hate having to voice these things publicly. I have been looking at this post for a few hours now and it was really digging at me.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

Various clients would have different expectations and therefor they would have different opinions. It happens alot with companies in this industry, the only you can do is brush it off and move on.. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Commit1 Anthony
    Various clients would have different expectations and therefor they would have different opinions. It happens alot with companies in this industry, the only you can do is brush it off and move on.. Just my 2 cents.
    Well said. Its a tough business we chose for ourselves. I am sure I will be bald in just a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM
    I take serious offense to this post considering I have personally been chatting with this customer on MSN since yesterday. We have replied to each of his trouble tickets on a "self-managed" server very quickly. We have looked over each of the servers and tested both internally and externally finding no problems. We HAVE, however, found potential problems on his/her side that could be causing the issue and advised customer what he/she might try to correct.

I very much value this customers business and hate having to voice these things publicly. I have been looking at this post for a few hours now and it was really digging at me.
    I take serious offense in your bringing this up here, since you have, i shall tell them, i offered to pay for premium support and you still took a few hours even looking at my server, I had to ask Scott from HostGeekz to take a look at the server. After you seen this post you started moaning at me on MSN, then an hour later you said you assigned a Senior Tech to check the server. Why couldn't of you done this in the first place? I told you when i bought these servers downtime was crucial to us. You also found a ddos attack on the network and never informed me until i started moaning about server slowness.
    It's my own decision if i want to move hosts. I never gave any negative feedback of you guys until now, i just said you wern't doing anything for me. In Simple terms, i want a new host. Making this issue public is very unprofessional, i must say.

Just to add, your techs told me to do a tracert, i done that.. there were troubles on my side, but alot of traffic was dropping say about 12, 000 connections, now how is that not your issue?
    Last edited by Jake; 11-09-2006 at 09:29 PM.
    Linux/Windows Technician
    JCulpin [at] Gmail.com

I was simply rebutting your "Hivelocity is doing nothing for me" comment. Your server was looked at all day. We didnt find any problems, you were not satisifed with that answer and posted here. You had me, the GM, on MSN all day long, my techs replied to each of your tickets, we tested inside our network and out and isolated the problem to be on your end. We have given you advice on what you can do to correct your problem. We did not charge you for any extra support or charge you for managed services as a good will gesture. Good luck to you. I hope things work out with us or elsewhere. Feel free to get me on MSN, email or phone as always.
    Last edited by hivelocitygm; 11-09-2006 at 10:22 PM.

SoftLayer!!!!! A little on the expensive side, but VERY good!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

O Steve, you git the bait on this one. When I read the thread before your response what I saw was:

I want 99.99% uptime, unmetered bandwith and powerful servers and I want it for $200. I am sorry not matter what you or anyone else says, you can't get great service for that price but with all those options and without ever having a problem.

I don't think so. You want high uptime, get redundancy and failover services. Honestly **** happens with hardware, software and networks that no matter how well engineered will at some point cause problems. I just wish people didn't ask for the world for a less than premium price.

Jake, this isn't a knock on you. You clearly want high uptime. Please be prepared to pay for it. Get redundant servers.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Hmm, i'm pretty sure i said $2000? Read the posts first before you add any sort of comments. If you missed it, you need your eyes testing, i know what premium service is, and i know what premium service costs.
    Linux/Windows Technician
    JCulpin [at] Gmail.com