* My posts number doesn't 'fit'

Hi,

I just noticed in my profile I have X posts:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=115639

And if I click on 'Find all posts by Googled', there's 3 post more:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search...duser&u=115639

How come those 2 numbers are not the same !?

I guess it's a vBulletin bug, not yours.

Regards,

G
    PutFile.io — Disrupting traditional file hosting.
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

There are certain forums where posts are not counted.

Why is that ?

G
    █ Signup Early and enjoy Unlimited space/bandwidth for your files hosting, Forever!
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

I believe it's the New Members forum which does not count posts, however there could be others. Posts are not counted in certain forums to prevent people from posting fluff to get their post count up, to post in the ad forums or reach their custom title.

Alex

Ok,

I don't understand the purpose of it as any new user can post in other forums to boost their post number, if some doesn't count.. Maybe those no-count forum have no time limit between posts.

I wouldn't know, but thanks !

G
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Also the "Social Issues" forum doesn't add to your post count. Ultimately, this method improves the quality of posts made in those forums...

I am wondering if it really improves quality because I don't know if it's known from most users.

G
    █ No Ads.
    █ No Countdowns.

Its known by users with high-post count -- which tend to be the people who actually care about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Googled
    I am wondering if it really improves quality because I don't know if it's known from most users.

G
    Yes, it does. If we counted forums such as the new members forum you could have someone post ten times saying hello to different people and then go post an advert, that is no use to the community. At least by forcing them to gain their post count in other forums there is more chance of something useful coming out. And normally if what someone is posting is rubbish, it (and possibly their account access) will be removed.
    Steve

Personnally, if I'd really want to go post an advert, that kind of thing wouldn't stop me at all. It's not like if it was like 100 posts...

Just my 2 cents...