Thread: Need Email Host

Need Email Host

Okay, this is what I'm looking for:

Email hosting for my domain
    -Shell access with pine available (to check email) is a MAJOR plus.
    -Need about 2 mailboxes to start with, up to 15 or 20 in the future.
    -Space isn't important - probably only a few megs total amongst all the accounts.

I'm not looking to spend too much on this, but it really shouldn't be that expensive. I don't mind if the host has panels available.

Anyone have experience with a host that has these options available? Seems like all the "email hosters" on google are rather expensive and don't provide exactly what I'm looking for.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I just want to point the MX records since I need to host the domain on my nameservers.
    Last edited by avythe; 11-09-2006 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocebo
    Okay, this is what I'm looking for:

Email hosting for my domain
    -Shell access with pine available (to check email) is a MAJOR plus.
    -Need about 2 mailboxes to start with, up to 15 or 20 in the future.
    -Space isn't important - probably only a few megs total amongst all the accounts.

I'm not looking to spend too much on this, but it really shouldn't be that expensive. I don't mind if the host has panels available.

Anyone have experience with a host that has these options available? Seems like all the "email hosters" on google are rather expensive and don't provide exactly what I'm looking for.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I just want to point the MX records since I need to host the domain on my nameservers.
    There are a few hosts out there that provide email-only hosting. You may want to look around the forums at some of the smaller hosts.

Kind Regards,

HostWay provides Email Hosting. You may want to try them. Not for sure how their service is but I am sure you can gather up some valuable reviews here on WHT or google them.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Have you thought of spam control and virus scanning as well. they become very useful you may want to add that to your search
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

Have you thought of spam control and virus scanning as well. they become very useful you may want to add that to your search
    Well, I kinda figured spam control was a given and I'm not too worried about virus scanning Guess I should have mentioned those though.

Well, I kinda figured spam control was a given and I'm not too worried about virus scanning Guess I should have mentioned those though.
    You would be surprised what you deem a ncessity other think it is optional... besides, in case you over look it and signup, you might find out it is available for for additional $$$
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAN, or even across the internet - Many customer call it RSync for Windows

HostWay provides Email Hosting.
    There's a little footnote on the email page saying that it's only available for domains registered through them.

I agree, plus its always good to KNOW that you have it with you. Things seem to work out like that, you always need something when you don't have it, and don't need it when you have it! hehe

There's a little footnote on the email page saying that it's only available for domains registered through them.
    Hmmm, my only guess would be to better control SPAM?

Keep looking...

Kind Regards,