Nvidia, Has blown me away.

Hey Guys,
    I was just looking at the new DirectX 10 graphics cards for Vista and other operating systems.
    All I can say is wow. Holy ship.
    128 Pixel Pipelines and 786MB of GDDR3.
    WOW!?
    Are you serious? Thats like what 7900GTX's times like six.
    No wonder is a whole new world of gaming now.
    I can't believe it... 128 pixel pipes, at $649.99, all you need is one card, think about 2 cards in SLI. 256 pixel pipes. Shiz.
    Dx10 for Vista only, Vista all the way baby, if I can run these beasts.
    Next-Generation Game Servers- www.NextGenServers.com - Play On. Fast, Reliable, Low ping, No Lag, full support servers. Providing Professional, Low Cost, but effective services to gamers like you. Providing the nextgen of gaming services.

Is this the 8800 series.....superb cards.....massive amounts of power....better upgrade that PSU !!!

Whoa, that thing is a beast. 1.8 GHZ memory clock and 575 mhz core. It has a shader clock too? What is that?

Looks like it's going to be amazing, but $600 is way too much. Hopefully when Vista comes out and ATI unveils their card, the prices will go down.

Quote Originally Posted by WHTer
    Whoa, that thing is a beast. 1.8 GHZ memory clock and 575 mhz core. It has a shader clock too? What is that?

Looks like it's going to be amazing, but $600 is way too much. Hopefully when Vista comes out and ATI unveils their card, the prices will go down.
    Personally I'm hoping they start selling off their old DX9 cards on the cheap so I can pick up a bargain I doubt DX10 will be required anytime soon - since it requires vista and what not, I'd think 12-18 months would be a safe bet for DX9 remaining king...

The 8800 however is a beast and if I could justify 450-500 I'd get one.
    Alasdair

Wait for it to drop sub 500 or sub 600 prices.
    Yea, Its the 8800GTX,
    128 Pixel Pipelines, 24 Pixels Pipes per clock,
    1.8GHZ GDDR3 of 768MB, Capable of 4 cards in SLI(It has 2 SLI connectors).
    This thing is beastly.
    Next-Generation Game Servers- www.NextGenServers.com - Play On. Fast, Reliable, Low ping, No Lag, full support servers. Providing Professional, Low Cost, but effective services to gamers like you. Providing the nextgen of gaming services.

The new nVidia card is stout, but I will hold on to my nVidia 7950GX2 untill the nice DX10 games come out.