Can i cancell my registration after doingit by mistake?

Hi,

I happen to mis-type the domain i wanted to register and ended up buying a wrong domain. My fault though.

Is it possible to cancell that registration and get my money back?

I registered with namecheap.com
    I have emailed them requesting for the same immediately after teh registraion of that wrong domain.

What is the policy here? Any help. Thanks much.

Cheers

I think you have to reister the corect one. After that you will try moneyback

Well, I registered the correct one after that wrong registration. So should i be eligible for cancellation?

enetwork - seems to be online. But i am not able to PM him. Any help Richard Kirkendall. Thanks much.

Well, I don't think you can refund your newly registered domain name.

Anyway, all the best...
    tanfwc

Registrations can be cancelled in the first 5 days of registration, however there is a cost on this, registrars are refunded the registration fee (6$) but not the ICANN fee (0.25$), registrars can charge a fee for domain deletions on this time frame, namecheap is a enom reseller so they would charge you -at least- the amount enom charges them (probably a bit more), or they can decide not to offer you that service.

I'm not a enom reseller, so i don't know how much is the fee charged by enom on this service. For example, Resellerclub charges 1$ (i get refunded the registration fee and charged 1$)

Thank you elmister for the details.
    I'll wait for the Name cheap guys to respond.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleCow
    Hi,

I happen to mis-type the domain i wanted to register and ended up buying a wrong domain. My fault though.

Is it possible to cancell that registration and get my money back?

I registered with namecheap.com
    I have emailed them requesting for the same immediately after teh registraion of that wrong domain.

What is the policy here? Any help. Thanks much.

Cheers

Depending on how much you paid, you might just want to keep the "mistyped" domain and park it on the correct one.

Chances are that others will mistype and you may get added traffic.

Some Internet Marketing folks even suggest that concept. It draws more traffic to your site since many people tend to (mestype) (mistype) ...:-)
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Richard said in another thread that his PM box wasn't working for some reason not known to him. He went on to say if you emailed NameCheap and marked it for his attention, he would get it.
    Signature Under Construction.

I don't know if NameCheap support 5-days money back. Some registrars do.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).