Merchant account in Japan

My client is in Japan but needs to open up a merchant account. I know that in the states, you can get a gateway and a merchant account/reseller and that's that, but I guess that's only for depositing into U.S. bank accounts.

Does anyone have experience getting money from online transactions to Japanese bank accounts?

thanks!!

INICIS Co., Ltd.

www.inicis.com is a payment soltions provider for the Chinese, Japanese and Korean market.
    Maybe they might be able to set something up for you.

Asian Acquiring

I know for a fact that United eCom has a very good knowledge about the Asian market.

Quote Originally Posted by Card Expert
    I know for a fact that United eCom has a very good knowledge about the Asian market.

And what is your knowledge? Nps??

I am using Paypal, but many customers in Japan just go to their neighborhood stores and pay there.

There are systems in place like "Pay easy" that allow you to pay any bill at the shop around the corner (convenience stores). You can buy tickets there. Send mail 24x7x365, anything you can dream off. Order all kind of stuff on a browser like machine, they have ATMs and I dont know what else... You can spend easily a day exploring those functions ;-)
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback