Registerfly: problems

Hi,

A month ago I registered a domain name with REGISTERFLY.COM. All was good. I setup the DNS to zoneedit, as I didn't want to work with the domain immediately.

A week ago, I paid for a VPS hosting (using e-gold, so the payment was done in a minute). Their automatic system told me that the VPS will be up in "between 30 minutes and 3 hours".

In the same time, I submitted a change in the DNS of my domain, through the registerfly automatic interface. I also changed some of the contact details. I received a message saying that the changes are OK, and they will be propagated between 3 and 5 hours worldwide.

One day after, as I had no news about the VPS, I opened a ticket. The reply I received was something like "That will be done quickly". In the same time I checked the WHOIS, and ... NO change was done at all. Well, I thought I made an error, submitted the changes again, and got the same message "OK, 3 to 5 hours, etc".

The day after, still no news about the VPS. And the DNS were still not changed. New ticket for the DNS: An idiot replied "The changes have been propagated, all is ok". I checked again at Tucows and NetSol: NO changes...

The same day about the VPS: We are working, it will be done "the next day"!

VPS-payment-day + 3: Whois NOT updated. NO VPS Ticket: Reply about the Whois: Nothing, they closed the ticket!!! Reply about the VPS: "We are working, it will be done IN A FEW DAYS"!

VPS-payment-day + 5: Nothing new! An idiot at registerfly told me "Tell me your new DNS and I will change them for you". And no VPS.

I asked a full refund of my VPS-plan ($179). Reply was "We cannot refund you to your egold account, BUT will refund you to your registerfly account".

So they did. Now I am with $179 in an account at registerfly, and what will I do with them there??? Moreover my domain name whois cannot be changed!! I will try to move it to another registrar of course, but I saw it is "Locked", and in the registerfly interface there is NO option to unlock it!!!!

And the support just now told me "We cannot refund you to your egold account, only to your registerfly account". In other words, they don't refund at all, even when after FIVE days the hosting plan is not setup, and when they don't allow any modification in the whois of a domain they registered.

Complaint is sent to ICANN too, as to e-gold that promotes registerfly, and a registerflysucks domain will be setup in the next days.

<<Snipped>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 11-09-2006 at 03:14 AM.

There is no need for complaint as it regards for your domain name, you can just ask them to unlock the domain and then move it to another registrar. As far as it regards the refund and the VPS sorry, i am sorry to hear that.

Hello
    Nothing new about registerfly.

I had around 300 domains with them, but due to their lack of support, i moved them to my enom reseller account. Even after they are moved, those dumb ****s still keep sending me emails about renewing domains, so i submitted a ticket and asked them to remove the domains that are transferred, they replied it will be flushed automatically and it has been 3 months, but i still keep getting emails to renew my domains.

Now regarding domain locking, login to your registerfly account, then go to the option where you can update the domain whois info, over there you will find the option the unlock the domain.

Regards

Hello, In the whois, the domain is locked. In registerfly options, I can LOCK the domain, but not unlock it !!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sh3lls.net
    Hello
    Nothing new about registerfly.

I had around 300 domains with them, but due to their lack of support, i moved them to my enom reseller account. Even after they are moved, those dumb ****s still keep sending me emails about renewing domains, so i submitted a ticket and asked them to remove the domains that are transferred, they replied it will be flushed automatically and it has been 3 months, but i still keep getting emails to renew my domains.

Now regarding domain locking, login to your registerfly account, then go to the option where you can update the domain whois info, over there you will find the option the unlock the domain.

Regards

joeyc, please email me at autochange_AT_safe-mail_DOT_net I received a notification that you try to contact me but cannot PM you. Moderators, sorry fro this message...! Thank you

Just remove the tick mark from the check box, and save it, it will unlock your domain

Regards

> Just remove the tick mark from the check box, and save it, it will unlock your domain

Well there is no tick mark, nowhere... Just a message "Lock your Domain names":
    We will be locking the domain names that you specified. Please understand that not all domin name extensions support locking. The most common domain name extensions that do support locking are .com and .net. Extensions such as .us, .org, .info do not support locking, however for security reasons they require an EPP/AUTH code to transfer away, which means without this special code the domain name will not transfer.

It's probably registrar lock.
    you have another month to go.
    New domains can't be transfered for 60 days.

-larry

.org and .info DO support locking, don't know about .us (i don't have .us domains)

Quote Originally Posted by registerflysos
    A month ago I registered a domain name with REGISTERFLY.COM.
    Unfortunately current ICANN policies dictate a domain name can be transferred to
    another registrar within 60 days after its initial creation date. Count 60 days from
    the date (say Oct. 9) and that's when you'll be able to move it (Dec. 9).

That might be why there doesn't seem to be a function to unlock it. It'll probably
    show once the 60-day mark has been reached.

And before you consider doing a chargeback, be warned that your account bearing
    the domain name and any other services will likely be locked out and suspended.
    Registrars are within their rights to do such since they consider billing disputes as
    fraud, no ifs ands or buts.

im having the same problem with changing the dns whois info on my domains at regfly, I cant get nothing to go through i got changes backed up a month! I recently paid for a vps as well at a different providor and i cant even change the namservers to point to my new vps, so im basically wasting money. I msged registerfly and 3 days later they asked from my domain then 4 days later they changed just the dns manually left everything else in qeue and wouldnt tell me what was wrong. now i need to change the dns and i need whois protection because i got people threatining to kill me and spreading my adress phone number ect. around and i cant do it! I might research today different registars and move my 6 domains. Not worth this