Thread: Boot issue

Boot issue

I bought a computer from cyberpower; every time I boot the computer it says something about invalid boot disk even though it doesn't even have a floppy drive and nothing in the cd drives. After a couple times of ctrl-alt-del the computer finally "catches" and boot proceeds normally.

Any help would be appreciated.

I assume you are working on a KVM over IP ?
    Which boot devices are set in the Bios ?
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Not exactly sure what you mean by KVM over IP, this is my home pc. The boot devices is set :
    1 : HD
    2 : HD
    3: cdrom

thanks, for your help.

Make sure that you have set the jumpers right and that your cd rom drives are slaves and that you only have one master. Check it for your hd and your other drives. remember, one master, rest are slaves.

Actually off just a little bit there tessla 1 master per cable each drive on that cable is then slave. Another cable you go back to master again just clarifying that to kgo.

I only have one hard drive, but i will make sure it is set to the master as well as the cdrom drives ( 1 dvd-rom, and 1 cdrw). Does this explain though, how reseting it 5x-10x will eventually get it to boot up?

There is a possible explanation on that it may mean your hard drive is failing and this is only a sign of things to come. Second option is you just have a floppy set in the bios maybe not actually set to boot from it but still have a floppy in your bios settings.

Make sure you set only ONE drive to master for each IDE channel (Set the CDroms to slave)
    __--- Nils Valentin ---
    ☆★☆ Speedtest One: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback
    ☆★☆ Speedtest Two: Tokyo / Japan ☆★☆ / Feedback

Its either a corrupt boot partition or a jumper setting, check your IDE cables and verify they are intact.

Hmm, I had this issue when I didn't have enough power supplied to my harddrive. It would work sometimes and then fail to boot others.

Quote Originally Posted by fishyghost
    Hmm, I had this issue when I didn't have enough power supplied to my harddrive. It would work sometimes and then fail to boot others.
    I've seen that also.. from my experience it sounds like a loose IDE cable.. I would check to make sure its secure... if it still does it.. hmm.....
    www.JGRoboMarketing.com / We Filter out the Bad Leads and Send you the Good ones!
    █ Office: (800) 959-0182 / Automated Lead Funnel Service