Exclamation How do domains work?

I want to use my Broadband connection and a cheap computer at home to run a simple free site with no heavy bandwidth demands.

My main problem is that I don't know how. I am a beginner in these web hosting techniques. For example how can I make a domain work using this method???

Thanks for your replies

You might want to check with your Broadband Provider to see if you are allowed to run a site behind the network.

Mine doesn't allow me to do so and I do not want you to run into any kind of trouble. - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Glika Nera - Athens - Greece - Europe

You can alway use services like "" or "" but most of the people I know that did this got their connection taken away and other ugly stuff. You have been warned

United Kingdom
    hi, eddy is right, i have a broadband connection and run a server. My isp allows me to run a server as long as i secure the server properly.

i would recommend getting books about the opertating system which tell you how to run a server on that operating system, and how to secure it.

As i have tried before, it is very hard to learn how to set up servers just by comming into the forums and asking.

Hope you get your server up and running,