Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Question Varhosting.net - gone?

Is it just me, or is Varhosting.net down again? Not just my node, but their site and everything...

Looks like this new 'Rick' guy is just playin' the same broken record.... where are you, dude? A reply here would be nice...

This isn't their support forum; if you're really wanting a reply, it might be better to email them through their traditional venues (e.g. contacting them directly).

Thank you, captain obvious. As they have no site up at the moment, there is no method to contact them...

Plus, I want to openly air this problem - a.k.a. in public... and I have seen 'Rick' (the new owner) floating around these forums posting...

I was going to give them another try and I went to the site to sign up again and its down.

Yeah its down here too. Do you have a contact number for them? By that I mean have you done a whois on the domain, does it list any numbers to call?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

You could try calling the number listed in the whois: 3605279111
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

I don't have any phone #'s to call, maybe his other site is up and has contact info.

Administrative Contact:
    O'Connor, Rick http://img.domaintools.com/email.pgi...1467c560a67ba9
    blu SKY
    1200 Harris Ave, Suite 309
    United States

Good call on the WHOIS!

I just got in touch with Rick, he sounded very concerned about the problem (and also wasn't aware of it) - he is taking care of it now, and took my name and number to personally call me back when it is fixed. I'll post an update to this, hopefully soon!

(And I'm in shock that I've actually spoken with someone there in person - I've been with varHosting for almost 2 years now, and this is a definite first...and a good one, at that!)

No problemo Hope it all works out for you.

Best Wishes,

-Shaun-

And 10 minutes later... I get the call back from Rick. The Varhosting.net site is back up, my server is back up, and all is well in my little corner of the web! *smile*

I must say, this is quite a different experience than I'm used to from Varhosting! Maybe they really are improving things over there with the new owner... I know that all hosting has issues from time to time, it's inevitable - it's having solid (English speaking) customer support that makes the difference!

I have experienced the same thing also. I don't know if I just need to move somewhere else.

Bottom line is if you don't like your host....move. Or everytime there is a problem you will be on here ranting and raving about it, but doing nothing to correct these issues.

Just to clarify - I'm not downing Varhosting at this point, I'm praising them! I'm still in shock at the excellent customer support I received today... I've been with these guys for 2 years or so, and even though their customer support has been hit or miss during that time - they've actually been great for the most part, server-wise. So, with the new possibility of reliable and efficient tech support - these guys have definitely boosted my confidence level in them...

I posted here today (for the first time ever) simply because I was out of ideas on how to get support - as their domain was down, and therefore all customer support was was inacessible... and I knew Rick had been posting here lately about his purchase of Varhosting. (And it worked... just like a forum is supposed to. Thanks for your help, guys!)

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    Bottom line is if you don't like your host....move. Or everytime there is a problem you will be on here ranting and raving about it, but doing nothing to correct these issues.
    I don't see anyone "ranting and raving" here about varhosting.net. People are stating their experiences with this company. The purpose of these forums is to post one's experiences, good or bad, with their hosting provider. Isn't that what some of us are doing? When I had been looking last week to move I made my decision based on the reviews I found here, and if people had not been "ranting & raving" I would not have found out about the pros and cons of some hosting providers.

And for your information I did try to move last week before I posted here, but my new webhost told me she could not move my websites for me because the server I was moving away from was set up so that the transfer to another hosting company could not be done, hence I could not move immediately as I had planned to do.
    Last edited by SydneyJen; 11-08-2006 at 05:30 PM.

My post was not going to you, it was going to the OP of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by stoutlabs
    Thank you, captain obvious. As they have no site up at the moment, there is no method to contact them...

Plus, I want to openly air this problem - a.k.a. in public... and I have seen 'Rick' (the new owner) floating around these forums posting...
    So basically you couldn't spend 5 minutes to pm him, or do a whois lookup. instead, you want to open a thread with the sole purpose of bashing a company and speculating that its "gone" because of downtime. Right on!

-- "Captain Obvious"
    Last edited by HostTitan; 11-08-2006 at 06:01 PM.

rohitj,

A. PM's are forbidden to new members here. So, no - I couldn't have done that.

B. The WHOIS idea had never occured to me, not to mention the fact that (once again) I've been with varhosting for 2 years, and have never had a phone number for them.

Besides that, I have the right to publicly post my hosting-related issue here, as does anyone else. That is the point of these forums! Anyhow, what exactly are you posting here for? You certainly are not helping anyone - you're just trying to flame the new guy. Pfft...

Regardless, my problem has been solved, and I'm outta here... carry on.

I'm not trying to flame anyone; I posted here because I do not think it should be taken lightly when you or anyone else immediately claims that a hosting company is "gone" when its clear that its an unlikely scenario.

That can have serious consequences for the people who may work at the respective company and that is the reason why I posted on this thread. Sometimes that's taken too lightly, but that's my opinion and you're welcome to agree or disagree.
    Last edited by HostTitan; 11-08-2006 at 06:24 PM.

Just to clarify - I'm not downing Varhosting at this point, I'm praising them!
    Not sure why you would be doing that. It shouldn't be the customers responsibly to notify a host when the server is down. The host should have monitoring setup. Since he was unaware of the issue, was there anyone even online during that time, or even now? What about tomorrow?
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

Quote Originally Posted by SharkSpace
    Not sure why you would be doing that. It shouldn't be the customers responsibly to notify a host when the server is down. The host should have monitoring setup. Since he was unaware of the issue, was there anyone even online during that time, or even now? What about tomorrow?
    I totally agree with this excellent statement. Why should it be on you to track down the owner of a company when his servers go offline....now that's LIVE server monitoring right there!

Track him down!

Quote Originally Posted by HostFrog
    I totally agree with this excellent statement. Why should it be on you to track down the owner of a company when his servers go offline....now that's LIVE server monitoring right there!
    Correct, it is not up to the customer to track down the owner when his servers go down, but if we want an explanation as to what is happening then it becomes necessary to track him or her down and try to make contact.

Their site seems up, or may be it's fixed now

greets

The company should have monitoring in place to ensure that someone is notified of downtime within minutes of it occuring.

Aside from that, it is not necessarily the problems a hosting company has that make it good or bad, more how the issues are dealt with, and in this case it seems they were dealt with well leaving a happy client.

Lightbulb

Is it just me, or is Varhosting.net down again? Not just my node, but their site and everything...

Looks like this new 'Rick' guy is just playin' the same broken record.... where are you, dude? A reply here would be nice...
    Hi Stoutlabs,
    Thanks for the message. Yeah, we've been having a few issues while we migrate all nodes to new hardware and our new datacenter. Overall, node 104 and node 100 have been successfully migrated, right now though we're waiting for a few name server changes to fully take effect.

If you have any support related issues the fastest and most efficient way to get them resolved is to post a support ticket at the varhosting.net site, use the live chat support (which we're still in the process of hiring more techs to cover) or even call me directly at 360.527.9111 ext.111 ...I'll be more then happy to look at any issues you're having.

Thanks,
    Rick

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast