Thread: Suse Linux

Suse Linux

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this but I have a question that you guys will be able to answer.

Does Suse Linux make a decent web server? Or am I better off using a different distro?

IMHO, it's 6 of one and half dozen of the other. In the end, it comes down to use what your comfortable with.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!

Suse is an excellent server OS

YAST is great tool to manage the server

Thanks for your input!

Microsoft just invested $240 million in it, which arguably shows the potential seen it by many in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by mihd
    Suse is an excellent server OS

YAST is great tool to manage the server

The shell is an even better tool

My $0.02 --- Suse is run more profoundly in europe than usa - it is also (from my limited understanding does - with default configurations run as a web server quite differently then OS's like red hat - example the server sets its files in /opt vs /home (here is where my limited understanding goes grey. It probably runs great but resources on how it runs, in English I found are few. Note I looked into it back in the days of 7.3 things may have changed and probably have alot since the Novell takeover

The shell is an even better tool
    yes YAST works great from the shell! you obviously never used Suse...

SuSE

I have setup many SuSE web servers, and they perform just as well as a properly configured Redhat, Debian, CentOS, etc..

It is more a matter of preference.
    MNX.io - 100% SSD Cloud Hosting - Linux, FreeBSD, & SmartOS.