High-bandwidth,Multi-site,ASP.net host help

I've had quite a tough time picking a host and would love some assistance.

I have about 10 sites I need to host that run ASP.net
    These web sites have to be real web sites, not some hacked solution that has multiple web sites that aren't truly independent. A big reason for this is every site needs to default to its own 404 error page (basically, redirect to its home page), and also needs to leave 404 errors alone enough to allow ASP.net to execute the HttpModule that runs our entire site.
    (Had to cancel a 1and1.com and GoDaddy.com accounts because they didn't offer real virtual servers)

I would like to have 40GB of storage, but I could settle for much less if need be (as low as 4GB)

My web sites currently use about 180GB of bandwidth a month, so I need to have a plan that has not only at least 300GB, but would like to have one that would allow me an upgrade path to at least 1TB and preferrably more

I need at least 1 SQL Server database

Nice to haves would be mailing list services for 2000 addresses with ability to increase as more members sign up for our newsletter

An RSS feed interface and Chat rooms would be good too.

Also, ever domain doesn't need full email, just the ability to have one catch-all account for each domain name.

Ideally, would like to keep our service around $30/mth right now, and are willing to go up to $80-$100 when we start to increase our storage needs.

Most of our increased needs will be due to serving up more audio and maybe even video streams. Therefore, we are willing to consider doing a combination of a lower-priced linux-based services just to host the audio and video files and leave the ASP.net for images, code, and the database storage. This is why we can cut way back on our storage needs.

I thought I had my host when I signed up for the $25/mth Verio multi-site plan, but that didn't come with SQL Server, and they weren't flexible enough to offer more than 2 sites with SQL for less than $60/mth. Their $60/mth package was still a good value if they were reliable, it just is a lot more than we will need for another year or so, however.

Thank you very much for your help and insights.
    Last edited by slipperybeans; 11-08-2006 at 11:04 AM.

For something like this you might want to get either a VPS solution or Dedicated Server, as those seem to both fit into your monthly budget and 'wants' list.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Quote Originally Posted by jmcallister
    For something like this you might want to get either a VPS solution or Dedicated Server, as those seem to both fit into your monthly budget and 'wants' list.
    Agreed, you're just about to cross the line of where a Shared Host can support you...180GB of bandwidth is a lot of throughput, and VPS is definately what you need.

It would be great if someone would recommend some hosts to check out.

A VPS is easy to recommend, but it's more than we need right now.
    180gb of bandwidth is well within the capacity of a shared host solution. Especially since most of it is due to mp3 downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by slipperybeans
    It would be great if someone would recommend some hosts to check out.

A VPS is easy to recommend, but it's more than we need right now.
    180gb of bandwidth is well within the capacity of a shared host solution. Especially since most of it is due to mp3 downloads.
    180GB from 1 customer/site (regardless of how it's used) is a *lot* of bandwidth for a shared environment. For the most part, anyone offering 180GB of bandwidth with their hosting plans is overselling their resources in order to make more profit off a smaller investment. I'd agree with everyone that you'd need a VPS (or maybe even a dedicated server) for your site.

Just my $0.02 cents.
    Simpli Networks, LLC :: http://www.simplinetworks.com :: Proudly 100% Owned.
    Providing Affordable Managed Cloud/VPS Servers & Server Management Solutions.
    We offer REAL 24x7x365 in-house support - proudly serving our customers since 2005!
    Want to learn more? Give us a call - +1 (844) 4SIMPLI or email sales[@]simplinetworks.com today!