Slow ftp uploads with multiple files (dot5hosting)

Just signed up with dot5hosting, and am trying to upload a folder containing about 200 files (its a filesharing script). The size of the folder is only 2.2mb, and I have tried several clients to upload it, and it wants to take in excess of 18 hours.

I can however transfer a single file of the same size in a matter of minutes, so I know its not my upload spped, or client...

One host I spoke with told me that it may be due to the way their diskspace is managed, and mentioned something about inodes, and how that sometimes it is more difficult to upload many small files, rather than a large one...???

Any advice, or should I look elsewhere for hosting...???

Slow ftp uploads could just mean their hard drives are busy at the moment, but it could also mean they are overloading the server with user accounts, If the problem persists I would certinally look for a new host. Please keep us updated.
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Perhaps you should contact their support before just hauling your data to another host.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

I Agree, although 18hours is kind of insane for 2mb of data. I would definitly try everything that is in your power to fix the situation before jumping ship (calling support, emailing them, etc.)
    Dimension Servers / Toll-Free: 1-888-750-6942
    RapidSSL Cert Included with ALL Reseller & Ultra Accounts
    24x7x365 Unbeatable Technical Support!
    Shared CPanel Hosting // Reseller WHM Hosting Solutions

Will give them a few days to investigate and let me know...

although 18hours is kind of insane for 2mb of data
    Bit of an understatement..!!! lol.. would be quicker if I stuck it on floppy and flew over with it and loaded it manually myself!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaMekon
    Will give them a few days to investigate and let me know...

Let us know how it turns out! Good luck to you.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

try this, zip the files into one file. upload it, then through file manager browser go in and unzip it and see if that works.
    still I would open a ticket to have them inverstigate. It might be related to the quota tracking!!!
    GS RichCopy 360 Enterprise - Voted #1 for data migration and replication in terms of performance and features. Replicate data across between servers in the same network, WAS, or even across the internet

Good luck with the hunt to find the issue. Hopefully they get this resolved for you in a timely manner. Please keep us updated!

Best Wishes,

-Shaun-