* Xcalibre and dedicated hosting options

I cant believe i am reading all these positive reviews regarding xcalibre hosting, we currently host 3 sites with them, the servers constantly go down and the customer services are sketchy at best. They wont respond to customer service issues unless it is in the form of a ticket or email of which is registered with them, try emailing [email protected] the email will bounce. No real phone support, beause of this we have decided to up roots and move to a new dedicated managed host, of whom we are currently shopping around for. But perhaps this is just a bad experience for us?

Any reccomedations for a fully managed dedicated server would be appreciative.

We just need a simple linux box based in the uk for around 330/month but what is essential is that we need a three month get out clause in the contract so if for whatever reason we dont like a hosting company we can get out of the contract without paying the whole of the contract up. This is just a precausionary measure more than anything. Rackspace offered a 3 breach of the SLA within a month and we can quit but wont offer a 3 month get out clause which is shocking considering they are so confident of their service levels.

Any feedback much appreciated

Nick

Hi Nick

I'm surprised you are having problems with Xcalibre. They are based in the office next to us and seem like very good guys, who know their stuff.

For £330 a month you should comfortably find a solution with a 'get-out-clause', also know as a month-to-month contract.

Best of luck.
    Olly | INX-Gaming
    Call of Duty 4 hosting

Hi Nick,

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you have had with our service, these comments do genuinely surprise me. We are happy to discuss problems on the phone however sometimes an e-mail is required to follow it up, depending on what the issue is. The only reason I can imagine that the ticket system would bounce an e-mail from you is if you update a ticket from a different e-mail address than you created it from.

If you could pm or e-mail me your contact details (I've not been able to work out who you are from your post), I'd like to get in touch to try and resolve these problems for you.

Regards,

Tony Lucas
    Founder & SVP Product
    Flexiant Ltd
    Simplifying the Cloud - Designed for Service Providers
    http://www.flexiant.com

Thanks for your reply toons i cannot pm you my details as of yet as my account does not have the correct privledges. if you pm me ill be more than happy to give you a list of our problems. From what i've been reading it may just be that our experiences are an isolated incedent?

Regards

Nick

Nick,

It won't let me PM you either unfortunately, but my e-mail address is fairly easy to guess @xcalibre.co.uk or feel free to ring me on 01506 606 000 (thats the main office number).

Regards,

Tony Lucas
    Founder & SVP Product
    Flexiant Ltd

Nick,

I've e-mailed you now.

Regards,

Tony Lucas
    Founder & SVP Product
    Flexiant Ltd

although we have had our problems with xcalibre which tony lucas has been made aware of. I feel that i must say that in his defence he has handled our case fairly, and assured me that i am indeed an isolated incident. Hats off to you Tony in helping with our problems.

Many thanks

Nicholas