Experiences with server monitoring (not management) companies

I'd be interested to hear of experiences with server monitoring companies such as Touch Support's guaranteeduptime.com, which provides a response to server outages, etc.

I'm not talking about server management companies which also provide monitoring but rather those services which provide monitoring and reaction services only. We use Alertra currently but are looking for a service which provides a pro-active response.

Are you interested in a company that simply reboots the server or investigates the problem and resolves without rebooting with the last resort being to reboot?

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

We still use HyperSping and have been using them since they started. We are very pleased with their services and support

http://websitepulse.com
    Very happy, it is very accurate.
    ReflexNetworks means Happy Clients!

andren:

They'll go in and reboot your server if it is down or just report it?

Roj
    Web Hosting? Been there. Done that.
    I am niyogi.

I think you're looking for something that doesn't exist. The reason being that there isn't a company that simply reboots a server when its not responding, without providing management with it, is because you can reboot the server till the cows come home but if you don't investigate the reason for the outage in the first place and fix it- it will probably happen over and over and over and over and over... well you get the idea.

The companies listed above are simply uptime monitors only. Some datacenters offer reboots like The Planet when their monitors detect a server being down, a technician in the DC can reboot the machine tho this rarely seems to work.

Quote Originally Posted by niyogi
    They'll go in and reboot your server if it is down or just report it?
    Since my first answer was eten by the DB or whatever:
    Yes, there is an add-on service like that.
    ReflexNetworks means Happy Clients!

For simple monitoring, you have to look at siteuptime.com. I don't know of any company that will offer the "pro-active" support you are looking at though.

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne
    I'd be interested to hear of experiences with server monitoring companies such as Touch Support's guaranteeduptime.com, which provides a response to server outages, etc.

I'm not talking about server management companies which also provide monitoring but rather those services which provide monitoring and reaction services only. We use Alertra currently but are looking for a service which provides a pro-active response.
    serverwizards.com provide monitoring and rebooting but also management. However, they are relatively cheap so if you just need them for monitoring and rebooting they may suit your needs for an acceptable price.

I use for normal Monitoring the Host-Tracker Service (http://www.host-tracker.com/), its free then the Monitoring-Location are sponsored from severall Providers.
    **** Greetings from Switzerland:: Marco ****
    *** little Info: I'm from a NonEnglish-Country so hope you understand what I mean ***

You can use Hyperspin and then as one of your contacts you can put the email address of your DC and then create an email template for it asking the DC to reboot the server. (This is what hyperspin says)
    Host In Us Web Hosting Services | www.hostinus.com
    Premium Enterprise Shared Web Hosting
    Less than 80 Customers per server!
    Try us out! We want to earn your business.

Host Tracker

+1 Host Tracker

Siteuptime.com hasnt falied me yet. I guess I'd have to shut off a server for atleast 30 minutes to find out if it really works though
    Kdoubt.net - Gameing discussion, arcade, all around good fun

I've used siteuptime , serviceuptime, and monitorus with success. I started my own now so I am biased but I think EZ Website Monitoring is the best of them all since it does uptime and SEO together

Just make sure you are not using a "one man crew" companies (and there are lot's of these out in the market). The response time simply cannot be 24/7 with these companies.