123 Reg, Anyone have any problems??

Has anyone had any problems with them i orderd my domain but herd nothing...
    Rob.
    Still learning!

Moved to the domain forum.
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by roberth31
    Rob.
    What you're supposed to 'her'? Usually, after (un)successfull registration attempt you get an email to that effect. Haven't you got anything?

As the general point, 123reg is one of the most respected companies in these forums.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

Everything is pretty much automated with 123-reg.
    You create an account with them (or log into your existing account).
    Choose the domains you wish to buy.
    Proceed to check-out, decide how long you want each of the domains for and confirm registration details.
    Enter credit card details and that is it - you usually get an invoice within 5 minutes detailing all of the charges and confirmation you've bought the domains.
    You then wait anything from 10 minutes to a day for the domain to appear in your control panel where upon you can play around with settings, Name Servers etc.

Been using 123reg for years now, never had a problem. Support takes a day or two to respond but that's fine, I've only ever had to contact them once!

Quote Originally Posted by roberth31
    Rob.
    no, never had problems with 123-Reg
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Well, I ordered a .co.uk from them 2 days ago. My order was placed for their risk dept's care. I was told to contact their support which I did immediately. No answer so far...

I am NOT complaining, just writing what I've experienced.
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

im still waiting for my welcome letter.
    Still learning!

roberth31, another user seems to be having a similar problem.
    Check it out here: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...98#post4205998
    It looks like their support is dead.
    Good luck,

I am actually just trying to get away from 123-reg as they stopped my email forwarding without warning after I signed the nameservers away to my webhost and left just the MX-records with them (by changing the DNS settings at my webhost accordingly). It worked for about a week (so it does not appear to be a technical issue), but then they apparently simply disabled the forwarding. This has led to emails being lost.
    This is still inofficial at the moment though as I am still waiting for their response in this matter.

Also, their support is very slow. It takes usually 2-3 working days until they respond to an email (if they respond at all; my last support request (in an unrelated matter) was not answered at all), and the alternative phone support costs 50p/min.

Thomas