* xreg.co.uk again (eNom)

Oh dear god!

I registered a bunch of domains a while back with xReg... no idea why but I did. I've managed to get all of them but 1 transferred away (xReg/Covaria sent no authorisation e-mail so I just had to wait for the default timeout before the domain went over)

But now with this EPP auth code crap for transferring, I'm boned. My domains were registered long enough ago to not have had an EPP auth code set for them in the first place. Which means I need to get my current registrar ie. xReg/Covaria/eNom to set the EPP key before I can transfer it out

And... as xReg et. all have appeared on this forum a few times before... I'm sure the problem is obvious

xReg and Coveria do not seem to exist any more. Multiple e-mails, support tickets, phone calls etc... dead. eNom are completely unresponsive (hardly surprising for a company that allows a-holes like xReg and Coveria to still be resellers) so now I'm all out of options

There appears to be no way for the receiving registrar to force anything and I get the feeling correspondance to Verisign and ICANN will go unheeded

Has anyone else managed to transfer a .com domain away from xReg since the introduction of EPP auth requirements and how?

I get the feeling this is going to end nastily

Is xreg/covaria an eNom reseller? You can approach eNom directly for the code. Just explain the situation that xreg/covaria have gone, which is why you are asking them directly for the code.
    Signature Under Construction.

Quote Originally Posted by stu2
    Is xreg/covaria an eNom reseller? You can approach eNom directly for the code. Just explain the situation that xreg/covaria have gone, which is why you are asking them directly for the code.
    They are indeedy and I have a few times now, I'm sure it's not the first time they've heard it but still no response at all

Is there any specific way I should be contacting eNom? I just e-mailed [email protected] since it was the only contact details I could find on their web page

I wouldn't trust email - especially not an address such as info@ which is bound to be heavily spam-filtered as info@ is one of the top 10 addresses that spammers tend to make up.

Have you tried phoning Enom? (You only mentiond phoning Coveria) Or faxing them? I have started using fax again because of the spam filtering problem, and quite often my faxes get responses while emails don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lubeca
    I wouldn't trust email - especially not an address such as info@ which is bound to be heavily spam-filtered as info@ is one of the top 10 addresses that spammers tend to make up.

Have you tried phoning Enom? (You only mentiond phoning Coveria) Or faxing them? I have started using fax again because of the spam filtering problem, and quite often my faxes get responses while emails don't.
    Ah ha! A thought indeed! I'll give that a shot, many thanks