* PHP tutorials on e-commerce websites - help needed!

Good Evening to everybody!

I am a student and learning php, we have been given an assignment to create a very basic e-commerce website. Which does the basics like:

• Add to basket,
    • Remove from basket,
    • Remember User,

We will be learning databases and mysql soon, i have done some research and have landed nowhere.. can somebody direct me to a good php e-commerce tutorial website? or maybe to a tutorial that does atleast some of the above points ive mentioned.

I do not want any php tutorials, im after tutorials based on e-commerce or some of the points ive mentioned above. My deadline isnt very, its due in a months time and were all going !

Id be very greatful if somebody can help me here.

Thanks a million!

Regards,

Kayz
    Last edited by kayz; 11-07-2006 at 04:58 PM.
    Kayz

For the login/logout part your should research Apache Sessions, thats the most popular method to quickly get accounts and loggins working. You could use the session data storage area in your cart/basket too.

As for e-commerce tutorials, I think you'd be better reading some generic PHP/SQL tutorials and getting to grip with the basics.

Theres nothing much different from a shopping card and a message board, both are dynamic database driven web apps.

Actually...just how much of a tutorial are you looking for? I could whip something up for you quickly depending on how detailed you wanted it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by ZibingsCoder
    Actually...just how much of a tutorial are you looking for? I could whip something up for you quickly depending on how detailed you wanted it to be.
    id love u for that dude, u got msn? I'd like it more if you could guide me? and maybe you could whip up something quickly for me, im soo wanting to learn this also... pm me if u can read this, cheers!
    Kayz

You would use cookies to remember the apache session. The apache session to login/logout. To add/remove from basket, i think I would use mysql.

Quote Originally Posted by FR-Alex
    You would use cookies to remember the apache session. The apache session to login/logout. To add/remove from basket, i think I would use mysql.
    yup we was told at the breifing we will use cookies etc, and we'll be starting databases next week mysql etc... so which will be the easier method? use mysql or cookies? and how would i go about using cookies itself?
    Kayz

Since this is just an assignment -- you should use the technologies that are part of the requirements as this is not a project that you intend to launch, just a way to teach you the flow of information required for a shopping cart website, and teach you about Internet programming basics (handling sessions, user accounts, login/logout, cookies, database interaction and workflow).

After your course on databases, things should start making more sense