Thread: hosting-pp

Thumbs down hosting-pp

I've been using hosting-pp.com for awhile now, over a year.

They were great at first, but there was some downtime after a couple months. The hard drive was always at 99% & I couldn't update my site.
    Eventually they dropped from the 7gb down to 1gb for $3.99, as the first post says. Posting on their forums is fine, but they should email their customers as well. Thankfully I was using less than 1gb.

Guess what they're offering today.........................................

10 ... 10 GB of space for $3.99/mo.

Anyway, guess I'll be prepared this time at least for lots of downtime (oh, is that why my site is down right now?).
    It's been down for about a week.
    I sent 2 support tickets before getting a response. They asked if I changed my DNS servers & posted the new ones.
    Umm... you just update your DNS servers & don't email your customers!!?
    Ok, so I updated my DNS.. site still not up after 24+ hours. Yesterday I decide to change back to the original. Immediately, the site was available.
    Today... site is down again.

Might I also mention - when the site was back up yesterday, there was about a month of posts missing on my forums.

That's enough for me. These guys(all 3 of them) have been around awhile. You think they'd learn how to do things right by now!
    http://www.anbdesigns.com | Free Web Directory

Free Online Games List | FPS, MMO, Sports, and more

Hi!
    Are you still with them? why don't you pack your stuff and move from there?
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I can't pack my stuff if I'm not able to get into my room.
    Soon as I can download my database, I'm out.

Btw, after checking old emails, the 10gb offer has been up since June 27th.

Remember to do backups at least once a week!

I am very sorry to hear of your mis-fortune, however this is the case with most hosts now adays, and that is due to the fact of competition and over-selling. It's my firm belief that over-sellers really only care about money, and frequently upgrade/downgrade and make major changes system wide with no prior warning to the clients. I hope this all works out for you in the long run.

Best Regards,

ShaunP

Quote Originally Posted by inventd
    I've been using hosting-pp.com for awhile now, over a year.

They were great at first, but there was some downtime after a couple months. The hard drive was always at 99% & I couldn't update my site.
    Eventually they dropped from the 7gb down to 1gb for $3.99, as the first post says. Posting on their forums is fine, but they should email their customers as well. Thankfully I was using less than 1gb.

Guess what they're offering today.........................................

10 ... 10 GB of space for $3.99/mo.

Anyway, guess I'll be prepared this time at least for lots of downtime (oh, is that why my site is down right now?).
    It's been down for about a week.
    I sent 2 support tickets before getting a response. They asked if I changed my DNS servers & posted the new ones.
    Umm... you just update your DNS servers & don't email your customers!!?
    Ok, so I updated my DNS.. site still not up after 24+ hours. Yesterday I decide to change back to the original. Immediately, the site was available.
    Today... site is down again.

Might I also mention - when the site was back up yesterday, there was about a month of posts missing on my forums.

That's enough for me. These guys(all 3 of them) have been around awhile. You think they'd learn how to do things right by now!
    Seems like you are still with them, after all this why haven't you changed your DNS to another host?? I am sure you can find better reliability then what you are currently receiving, right?
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Something screwy going on - I just changed the DNS again (to one they didn't tell me) and the site works. (just changed the # - dns#.xxx***********).

I just ordered new hosting with MochaHost. I'll post a review for them after 3-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by inventd
    I just ordered new hosting with MochaHost. I'll post a review for them after 3-6 months.
    Any update on Mochahost so far?

I forgot about this.

So far so good with Mochahost - haven't done much with my site, but every time I visit it, it's up.

Quote Originally Posted by inventd View Post
    So far so good with Mochahost - haven't done much with my site, but every time I visit it, it's up.
    It seems that you are still with MochaHost but your web site contains nothing so I guess there is no point in asking about performance, tech support and other issues, right?

yeah, I don't have time any more. I haven't noticed any issues with my email, for what it's worth