reseller disppeared - can anyone assist?

I had 25 sites hosted on my reseller account with a company called auto-host.co.uk. I'm not a 'professional' hosting business, I host a few of my own websites and a few for businesses of friends. About 2 days ago, all my sites went down, and i also discovered that the auto-host site was down as well, this leaves me in a bad situation.

I do not know what is happening with the hosting provider and I have quite a few people asking where their sites are! The only email address i hold for the provider is the @auto-host.co.uk, which I presume isn't going anyhwhere either.

Can anyone give me any advice, on what i can do, or how i could find out where THEIR hosting acount is based? I'm really in a mess here. Not sure what to do, I don't have any way of getting hold of the individual I bought the reseller hosting from (Oliver Sansom).

Perhaps there is nothing I can do, bar getting a new hosting account, I presume all my websites will be gone forever or can they be recovered in any way? ( I have some sites files on my PC, but the website scripts are going to be history surely?)

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks
    Stevie

Hopefully this will be a lesson for you..

Always make your own backups.

I do think you may be out of luck though.. Best wishes on finding a new provider though.

If their website's down, no replies on any emails, then you can expect that they've taken your money and ran. Should always have backups for your sites as well as any scripts you may have. Using cron jobs and have backups sent to you daily is a good idea. My suggestion is get a new host so you can get back up right away before your clients (or friends) get really mad.
    ServerTag Technologies - Everything you need for hosting activity
    A Canadian company providing top notch site hosting, servers and colocation services

Agreed. How long have they been around? Definately work to find a host with at least a contact phone number posted.

http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/whois....uto-host.co.uk

nameservers for auto-host.co.uk not responding....The only good thing is they may start up again with another site and point the auto-host.co.uk domain at their new server....you will then be able to contact them again...Sounds like a one-man band though....

Quote Originally Posted by steviem
    I had 25 sites hosted on my reseller account with a company called auto-host.co.uk. I'm not a 'professional' hosting business, I host a few of my own websites and a few for businesses of friends. About 2 days ago, all my sites went down, and i also discovered that the auto-host site was down as well, this leaves me in a bad situation.
    Its ashame they didn't provide a contact number to you.

I do not know what is happening with the hosting provider and I have quite a few people asking where their sites are! The only email address i hold for the provider is the @auto-host.co.uk, which I presume isn't going anyhwhere either.
    Nope, email will not work if the server is down...which it appears to be with the DNS timing out.

Can anyone give me any advice, on what i can do, or how i could find out where THEIR hosting acount is based? I'm really in a mess here. Not sure what to do, I don't have any way of getting hold of the individual I bought the reseller hosting from (Oliver Sansom).
    I would say pack it up and move along.

Perhaps there is nothing I can do, bar getting a new hosting account, I presume all my websites will be gone forever or can they be recovered in any way? ( I have some sites files on my PC, but the website scripts are going to be history surely?)
    Yup they are pretty much gone. Unless you can finally get ahold of the provider in some way. When you do, tell them you want your stuff and STILL move off their servers. No reason why you should stay.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Unfortunately it looks like they have WhoisGuard on their domain, so you cannot get a contact number through that. It is possible that you were on the same server as their main site or the DC they use(d) are having issues and may be down, although 2 days is stretching it.

Hopefully you don't come out with too big of a loss, but let this serve as a great learning experience (unfortunately).
    Othio Hosting - Private-Label cPanel Reseller Hosting
    True 24x7 Support | SSD Storage | cPanel+WHM | R1Soft Backups

http://web.archive.org/web/200503180...p?page=contact

You could try the ICQ number on the above page. Doubtful you will get ahold of someone at this point unless there is a serious hardware issue and the host wasn't prepared to contact customers in an emergency.
    HostXM - Going the extra mile since 2001
    http://www.hostxm.com

They have come back online so everything is now ok. Thank you to everyone who took the time to offer me advice

Stevie

Are you going to stay with them?

I wouldnt.....they do not look very professional...If theyare hosting their site off the same server as their clients, when the server goes down and you need to contact them...you can't because your host's site will be down as well !!!

Whatever you do: make backups of all your sites/scripts *now* and keep doing that regulary with this host or a new host.

Quote Originally Posted by deltrumweb
    I wouldnt.....they do not look very professional...If theyare hosting their site off the same server as their clients, when the server goes down and you need to contact them...you can't because your host's site will be down as well !!!
    Well, that's really not a fair assesment.

Most new startups cannot afford multiple servers, though I do think they should be fair and offer an emergency external email address.

Quote Originally Posted by deltrumweb
    At the very least, they should offer an external email address.....
    Quote Originally Posted by CEngine
    Well, that's really not a fair assesment.

Most new startups cannot afford multiple servers, though I do think they should be fair and offer an emergency external email address.
    Did you pass over that?

Most new startups cannot afford multiple servers
    That's not necessarily needed, you can open a shared account somewhere else to host your help desk, or your main site.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore