Thread: System Restore

Northern NJ

System Restore

Anyone know how well System Restore actually works? Is it just like a Complete Reformated install, or are there still drivers and registry changes in effect that only a format and restall can do?

I ask because every now and then I have pr oblems only a reformat can take care of, but apparently my 200 or so OEM Window Activations have failed, because now every two reformats I have to call in to tech support to activate.

Rather than do that annoyance, I want to know just how effective this system restore is..

Check out And please check out our forums for fun Animation/Technology talk

Under Your Skin
    I would recommend acronis true backup over restore... make several backup points with it and be done. I have SR turned off after my research... of course, you can do your own research and see if it will work for you....
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

Oklahoma City, OK
    With windows system restore you will have all drivers and software installed at the point of the restore point you had before. So it can be a nice way of restoring how ever if you get a virus or spyware often times that will corrupt the windows restore points.