How I've transferred domain TO RegsterFly

Hm...

With all buff going around RF lately I have decided to transfer 1 of my not-so-important domains from one sh^%$$%tty registrar (domainjingles.com) to another (RF, that is), just to 'taste' the RF experience first hand. I had $4.00 sitting in my account there (the monies weren't mine, I've got credited for something I don't quite recall), so I thought it could be great idea to use them on RF $3.99-transfer-in-special.

I've started the transfer. All went OK, except I haven't received anything to Admin's email. I waited 5 days, transfer was auto-cancelled and $3.99 credited back to my account.

I've started the second transfer. I haven't received anything to Admin's email this time too... After ~30 hours I opened a ticket which was answered within 2 hours telling me that 'email was just sent, please approve/cancel the transfer'; which I approved.

Now I am waiting untill Saturday, Nov. 11th to see what will happen.

Will keep you posted.

DISCLAIMER

1. Don't try this at home, unless you know VERY well what you're doing
    2. I KNOW this damn well
    3. The above experience could lead you to losing your domain(s)
    4. The domain in question expires in 2010 (2011 after the transfer), so I'll have ALOT of time to solve any and all possible problems (if any) related to RegisterFly
    5. I *know* domain's EPP. Infact, I've *CREATED* it. Logicboxes platform DomainJingles are using let registrants to change EPPs or create ones that they wish...
    Respect My Authoritah! - Eric Cartman (a friend of mine).

He he he, good luck.

I transferred one of my domain names to Regfly months before EPP. So far so good.

I don't think Stan will have many problems with RegisterFy since the domain doesn't expire until 2011

Their control panel is as good/better than many (a bit slow maybe). It's no problem transfering away from RegisterFly. I've done it many times.
    Signature Under Construction.

Stan, couldn't you think of anything more fun!

Jeff

My domain is transferred, but I can't login to my RF account as their site is not accessible...

Forgive me for my short , but I gotta post a short Before my post is accepted

I have finally successfully login to my account there. No domain in my control panel so far. It's among 'active transfers'.

Let's wait another day.

I admire your spirit of adventure and your altruism in researching this issue for the sake of domain registering humanity. I would quibble slightly that if the details you posted above, such as your domain name, then there is an off chance that you may receive preferential treatment from RegFly.

BB

I think they can learn the domain name in question w/o any problems (not so much transfers between the registrars I've indicated in my first post), IF they care... However, I do *not* wish to receive a preferred treatment in this case.

Sorry, I forgot to update this thread in time...

My domain showed in my CP at RF on Sunday, Nov. 12th, 6 days after I have started the transfer. Expiration date is correct, 1 year has been added. I can see the EPP code where it should be. So far, so good...

lol

this thread is fun.. i noticed that the domain ddint show in your CP till after 6 days.. but was the domain name active already?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea_J
    was the domain name active already?
    Yes, the domain is almost 3 years old and very active.

If you were asking was it active *during* the transfer - yes, it was. As all of them are supposed to be.

ah thanks.. just wondered if you experienced any downtime. never really tried a transfer myself..thanks

Is the registration with RegisterFly or eNom? It should be plain sailing from now (if it's with RegisterFly). You shouldn't need to worry about it, until it's time for renewal You'll just have to filter out all the RegisterFly offers you'll be receiving in the mail.

Stu, I don't really think that they are registering anything with eNom nowadays. Sure, registrar shown as RF in whois.

I am faced with the first glitches already, but I'll make a separate post about them later on.