Thread: AMD vs INTELL

AMD vs INTELL

i'll upgrade my pc in the next comming days
    most of my friends told me that i have to move to amd, while others telling me that intell is the best
    am confuised which to choose
    any ideas out there?

It's really a matter of personal preferences. Not much different though I can safely say after being user of both. A few years ago I was using Intel, but a lot of my friends said Intel is better than AMD (just because it is more expensive), so for my new computer I bought AMD.

After a few years with this computer(AMD), I can feel I need to change to a new computer soon, and I will use Intel back this time.

I don't know if this is just a *feeling*:

But I feel from my experience, you can "torture" Intel's CPU and still have a longer life span compared to AMD when subjected to the same "torture"
    NoFrillsLogo.com - Never pay more for your logo!

Professional Design & Low Prices. We Design Until You are Satisfied Guaranteed!
    Click Here To Boost Your Company Profit With a Real Logo

Intel currently offer the better processors if you are doing a full build. Only if you are going core 2 duo though.

Quote Originally Posted by edu4vision
    It's really a matter of personal preferences. Not much different though I can safely say after being user of both. A few years ago I was using Intel, but a lot of my friends said Intel is better than AMD (just because it is more expensive), so for my new computer I bought AMD.

After a few years with this computer(AMD), I can feel I need to change to a new computer soon, and I will use Intel back this time.

I don't know if this is just a *feeling*:

But I feel from my experience, you can "torture" Intel's CPU and still have a longer life span compared to AMD when subjected to the same "torture"

Ive been using intel since forever. It wasnt untill recently that i loved AMD Processors, considering that my laptop has a AMD Turion64x2. Since than i've decided to use AMD thru all my computers & servers at the office.

I feel AMD has alot of room to grow and display what the're really made off. Intel has over-shadowed the market for a long time. Its time for us AMD users to kick it up into high gear with our networks.
    Patrick Buckner
    INSIDER NODE

Intel's newest processors are kicking AMD's butt. I'm still an AMD lover though, it depends what kind of processor your looking for really.
    http://www.viperhosting.net
    ViperHosting 2005. The new generation "Excellence doesn't have to be expensive"

I cant remember my first computers processor, mind you it was an Amiga. My second was a AMD III and that was a conscious decision, based on reviews at the (long) time ago. I use an AMD Duron Win2K Desktop at home and for the past five years it has kept me in good stead. I go to work and use WinXP Intels from Dell and they somehow dont have the same 'feel', they feel sluggish.

I always thought that AMD were more geared toward games / media tasks, whilst Intels were more general purpose, something to do with how they process instructions. Hopefully this thread doesn't turn into a reflection of what we like to do most on our PC's...

If I had to upgrade my PC, which I dont want to do, I would buy AMD again.
    Tring Web Design Services, Hertfordshire, UK
    www.tring-web-design.co.uk

What do you need to do... For example, if I were into 3d I would go with intel quad core. If regular computing, core 2 duo. AMD is not in the zone right now... although, I have an amd x2 4200, I could not recommend that chip... but it is plenty fast for me right now. Intel has a better offering.

Then again, you could go cheap and get a x2 4200 and have a nice system. I've not priced intel mobo w/ ram, but I've read that an x2 4200 complete system would be cheaper.

Of course, as I stated, I've not priced them out so do a little research on your own and see where you can fit.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!