Exclamation Where should I host?? Need help quick, my site is down

I have been looking for a new RELIABLE host for my website. Was with Hostsave for 14 months. Twelve first months were about problem free but the last 2 months have been a nightmare... They registered my site back in April 2001 (I did not know where, it was part of their package offer, " get a new domain for only $15. when you host with us...it was registed in Australia?) it expired in April but I did not know (remembered) In May no more site, e-mail, FTP, all dead, 10-12 e-mails to support yielded an answer after 7 days about the expired domain (had found out by myself by then...) Went and signup with YourSite for hosting but was not up to what I expected, loosing e-mails, Frontpage ext. would not work properly and my first e-mail to support about FP yielded a short reply "Sorry but for support with Frontpage consult Microsoft" ?? Closed my account there, moved my site back with Hostsave (was paid till August) but yesterday, BANG! my site dead again, no mail, FTP, web, now 30 hours and 5 e-mails to support, NO ANSWER, cannot log to CPANEL, customers trying to reach me, some lost sales for sure. I run a small coin & stamp hobby shop and had just spent the last few months building up a Perl shopping cart (with great expectations...) but now am in the ditch, cannot spend $20. a month on hosting, felt $5. $7./month for now was enough until my website brings in more $$. Have read the threads for several hours today, but the more I look, the more host choices I see, the more I am afraid to repeat past experience, I really would like to find the RIGHT one? Can you offer advice based on your own hosting experience. I don`t need that much bandwith (5-6 Gig), space 30-40 MB, MySQL (1 or 2 DB) FP98 support, PHPMyAdmin ,Perl/CGI

Thanks for your help!

Hi schubert ,

Between 4 year ,
    i already use many hosting company for my website ,
    The fast speed connection to asia country is most important ,
    Now i use http://www.kykhost.com , All is Ok .
    I am very happy with them , u can also try it also .

sorry .. my english not good.. hope u understand.
    Last edited by zeroone; 06-20-2002 at 12:46 AM.

Two good choices.

www.hostmatters.com
    www.hostmagik.com

Good luck!

Zach

I suggest the one I'm using:
    http://www.alwayswebhosting.com
    I'm not affiliated to this site in any way, I'm in a different country, miles away from USA, and I'm aware that there are some complaints about it recently here, in WHT, but notice that it's all about:
    - one, out of eleven servers that AWH has, being down for sometime, what may happen in any host company, except the ones that are really expensive.
    - the not always polite way that Ronnie (the guy behind AWH) sometimes seems to use when replying to their customers.
    Well, it never happened to me, so I keep being a customer there. I like the price, the support and the features.

Thumbs up DownTownHost

Hello schubert,

From a happy customer, I must suggest my current host DownTownHost . Jedito is the owner and posts here regularly. Their customer service is wonderful and their service is reliable.

Greetings!

Jessica
    --- To Err is Human ... And Don't You Forget It---

And nobody mentioned VO. They are one of the best companies I have ever dealt with.
    Hostit365.com - Reliable Web Hosting with magical support
    cPanel #1 Web Hosting Control Panel Included
    WHT members benefit from our industry leading 60 day money back guarantee with no small print
    Now accepting PayPal™ - Click here to order now

schubert - you are on the verge of setting up a shopping cart and you can only afford $5/mo to have your site online? If you sell one book of stamps, you'll break even

Why not broaden your search and your budget? How important is your site to you if you are only willing to spend $5/month on it?

that was just my 2 cents - and now i still have $4.98 left for hosting

Yes, I agree. I would spend a little bit more a month if my site was that important.

Thanks everybody for your suggestions & comments. tresfun & d3fuse, you are probably right, should put a little more $ in hosting, looks like you get what you pay for...

If you are set on paying $5 a mo. for hosting, a quick request in the "Offers" forum will get you several offers from companies in your price range. Also, some more expensive hosts may even cut a deal with you.
    You won't find a shortage of offers but make sure you know what you buying so you can avoind the troubles you've experienced in the past.
    Jim
    RotoHOST.com
    webhosting solutions for e-Business

I have to agree with Jessicam that downtownhost is an excellent host. Jedito is a great guy. Couldn't go wrong with him.

What's the most honest deal I can get for 5 bugs and what about 10 bugs per month? Are site5's mercury plan reasonable?

Base on majorities view?