Question experiences with pixelfxsolutions?

We currently have a number of servers with dedicated unmetered bandwidth. However, this is not enough during peak periods, so I'm thinking of getting some smaller/cheaper unmetereds next to the "real" ones.

One package I'm considering is the $149/month one for 100mbps shared unmetered bandwidth at pixelfxsolutions (FDCservers reseller). As long as it does 30mbps during peak periods, it's good enough for my purpose. Any downtime is of course not acceptable.

Does anyone have good/bad experiences with pixelfx... or should go I with FDC directly... or just avoid either company?

Avoid both and up your budget.

Wanting to push 30mbit at peak time for $149/month just isnt going to happen i'm afraid.

If your only using it for peak time why not consider a metered server as it would only be used for say 30% of the day.

Best of luck.

I've never heard of this company. But I think your budget is rather low for running this server.

Why not just buy directly from fdc?

getting your 30Mbit shouldn't be a problem...heres a small little MRTG daily graph of my FDC server that I use to seed a few bit torrents.

I've attanched the .png file from my server for my daily graph. I've only really started using my server a day or two ago, but as you can see, I can get well over 30Mbps on FDC servers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mrtg.png  

Just to chip in - although some users will be fine pushing xxmbits if another user on your switch is trying to do the same this is when problems with bandwidth occour - its all about luck!

pixel's helpdesk service is great 24/7 but peak time is the worse time to be looking for 30 mbps. I had a server with them but it kept locking up under heavy load so if you want zero downtime ask them for one of their opterons rather than the "cheap" athlons they have with the nforce chipset. That chipset works terribly with UDMA drives and you have to disable that through grub.

hi i have a server with pixelfxsoloutions at the moent service has been great for me i would definatley recommend them i did have a problem to start with i was given ips that had been assigned elsewhere but this was quickly resolved other then that no major problems

I've got a couple of servers there and while one is awesome, the other keeps locking up for same vague reason

Same specs , same software, I'm beginning to suspect faulty ram or something

pixelfxsolutions has good support and the FDC network is good, but not great. I wouldn't put anything very important there.

Honestly, FDC servers are really great for the low prices.

Sure, there may be users trying to push on that switch, simply request a change.

they are excellent, have 5 servers them

they are fdcservers reseller, but they do cut you nicer deals (somehow) and support is 24x7

im very happy with support i get, usually get an email back from one of them within 5 minutes

This thread is 5 months old -- surely the OP has decided on a host by now.
    Eric Spaeth
    Enterprise Network Engineer :: Hosting Hobbyist :: Master of Procrastination
    "The really cool thing about facts is they remain true regardless of who states them."