Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Paypal or 2co is better

Respected all, i am based in saudi arabia and i want to know which is better paypal or 2co, i mailed 2co with a query about opening the account and its 4day without any reply, i send 3 more messages but no reply. I need urs expert advice. Is their any other better option then paypal or 2co
    Thanking you

KSA??
    do paypal opened doors to arabic countries accounts?

No, they don't.

Hello,

This is better to have both PayPal and 2CheckOut. This provide more payment choices to your clients.

Saudi Arabia isnt supported with paypal. So i guess 2Checkout would be a better choice for your situation.

Definitely Paypal. Paypal is growing bigger and bigger these days, more and more countries it;s accepting. It can also accept Credit card payment without having user to sign up a Paypal account.

2co is not replying

Unfortunately the 2co people are not replying its been 4 days and 4 emails to them, and still waiting...

Hmm where to start. I use both with my company but i have found that support for 2co.com and Paypal.com are absolutely horrible. 2co can be confusing at first and theres nothing like sitting on the phone on hold listening to Techno music and then getting bumped off because of a long wait. Overall though, their quality of service for transactions will always work, They have set standards but their are always other options

I am from India and I think is paypal is better as you can use them to buy a lot of things

I like Paypal due to the fact that my supplier accepts paypal so its easy for me to pay them when receiving payments from clients.

take a look at ccAvenue, similar to 2co.

Can you visit your bank and get MID?

Cool

Hands down Paypal... because of the bigger customer base, relatively better service and lower cost (2co requires $49 to sign up as merchant) . 2co is way overrated... It is a an option for countries which do not have Paypal though.

PayPal is good but it sounds like it doesnt work for your situation I use 2checkout as well and they are good I am not sure that this new stupid 20 minute thing is good but we will see.

RegNow

There's another dog in this fight and it's RegNow with Digital River. Better than both in my opinion.

Your location - it will be difficult. CCAvenue as suggested might support your country. There is also moneybookers if needed. One other is ccnow.

Sorry I don't have time to check out the websites to see which one will support your country but I am hoping at least one of the above does

I signed for a seller account on 2checkout, but I dont know how to use it, so hard to sell something, I edited products, but they are not appearing..

Quote Originally Posted by edison
    Hands down Paypal... because of the bigger customer base, relatively better service and lower cost (2co requires $49 to sign up as merchant) . 2co is way overrated... It is a an option for countries which do not have Paypal though.
    copy that.

of course having both is best if you have that option.

It's best to have both options

paypal doesn't cover the entire world and you will get clients from the non paypal countries
    Caro.Net: Support is everything
    Offering High Quality Dedicated Servers.

If you had to choose one or the other, go with PayPal.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

Which is better:

Hit in the face with a shovel or a hammer?

They both have good and bad issues.

Paypal
    Instant Payments, available to use this money instantly
    You can send money to other paypal users
    Better Documentation
    3 Days to send money to your bank account(international)
    Supports more countries
    You'll get more chargebacks and Fraud from Paypal
    Lower Charges than 2co

2checkout
    1 Week for money to be sent to you(international)
    1 Day to pass Fraud, 1 week to receive payments
    Better Fraud Protection
    Supports Countries that Paypal doesnt

Conclusion
    Paypal is definetely better IMHO, but 2co has a place to fill, especially in the area to support countries that Paypal cant, also I think 2co has lower fraud rate.
    I would love to see an integration one day that would allow payments to be transferred from paypal to 2co and vice versa, (though can't see this happening).
    Video Script - www.cihilt.com

Smile

Isn't paypal transaction fee is less than 2checkout transaction fee.

2checkout is like 5.5% or something?
    And paypal is just 2.9% + 0.30 USD?

With paypal, I get absolutely no help / support by email.

I have both Paypal and 2co there both really handy ..

2checkout benefits -
    You can accept all major credit cards
    but a one time fee $45 it's well worth it
    though .. when it gets to certain amount
    you can have it deposited in your bank account

Paypal benefits -
    Free people can paypal you payments you can
    choose to save in your paypal or put some in your
    bank account ..

there both nice like the others say you got more payment options
    makes it more Convenient for your customers to .. it's like going to a store
    in someways if you think about it ..
    Mrgeekchris.com ~ It's not just a job It's a passion
    "Mistakes are proof that you are trying"

Usually is best to do both .. if possible ..
    But as other people said 2CO is very good, since it's widely accepted as a payment option ..

Isn't paypal transaction fee is less than 2checkout transaction fee.
    IIRC (it's been a while), yes. Most importantly, you don't have to wait 1-2 weeks + days for transactions to hit your bank.

i am based in saudi arabia
    IIRC, Paypal doesn't serve your country yet. You'll need to check out their supported country links. I believe someone posted a link to that site.

Should you use PP or 2co? Honestly, both are good, but at some point you need to move beyond the "paypal" market. The BEST way to do this is to provide direct processing. For those in the U.S. , this can be done through 2co or any other major processor. For those OUTSIDE of the U.S. , the options are somewhat limited. You're limited to
    -- paypal (if your country is accepted)
    -- 2co
    -- Worldpay

and there are a couple of other (minor) global processors.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

They should be used together rather than compared. Offer 2co and PayPal, both are as good as it gets for 3rd party payment processing..

Use PayPal for those that prefer it,
    Use 2co for credit cards...
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

www.paypalsucks.com should answer all your questions

Quote Originally Posted by chpkorean
    www.paypalsucks.com should answer all your questions
    Hardly
    Those stories are told by individuals who have been burned by THEMSELVES, not paypal. For example, individuals who used paypal KNOWING their use violated many of the TOS (teenagers, people selling drugs, adult crap).
    Not only this, but they spread massive falsities, such as:
    you waive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal account, or if you do, then they have the right to limit your account.
    Which is a blatant, out and out lie.
    2. Their customer service is horrible.
    Again, an out and out lie. Their customer service is ALWAYS available via phone, never EVER have I not been able to get them during normal business hours.

Their terms of service are not completely disclosed upon signup and some key "conditions" are not disclosed.
    Again, a lie. Terms and conditions ARE in fact agreed and disclosed upon signup.

And, look, I haven't even gotten into the stories of individuals there yet.

Paypal sucks is nothing more than a site full of individuals whining because they couldn't continue to cheat paypal out of monies. As long as you're a legitimate business, and you continue to abide by paypal's terms, hey, you've got nothing to lose.

Are you sure linux-tech? Last time I tried to call paypal I waited 2 1/2 hours to have someone finally pick up, after I was actually talking to a person I could hear a crash (which sounds like he dropped the phone/mic) - then the call was dropped. Took me another 2 hours to get in contact in which I talked to the same person (lot's of staff eh?). He apologized for the "inconvenience" of waisting my day.

Gladly I haven't had to get in contact with them again. If paypal weren't so large we would have moved away from them a long time ago.
    VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Last time I tried to call paypal I waited 2 1/2 hours to have someone finally pick up
    I've called paypal MANY times over the past 7 years I've been their customer and have never had any call go over 30 minutes. That's not saying I wait 30 minutes for someone to pick up, that's saying that start to end, the call has always been less than 30 minutes, and usually the delay was on my end (too many questions, too many departments to go through, etc).

I'd hardly call that an indication of poor customer service though, just them trying to organize things.

It is just like calling any other large corporation - a crap-shoot. Sometimes you get someone who reads verbatim from the card and does not use common sense. Or like the_pm, he seems to have had great support from Dell, however, he has read horror stories.

Getting support and getting what you want are two different things - sometimes people cannot tell the difference.

You get security and reliability when dealing with a large company but it does come with some drawbacks from time to time

PayPal is nothing but hostile towards merchants in my experience. I would never use them when I get great rates and service from Wells Fargo. I don't want PayPal in my business and tracking my sales activities either. Who want's their business activities in the hands of eBay? I sure don't! They also advertise that it is not safe to give your credit card to a merchant, but "they" are safe to give it too. What a joke!
    Last edited by Festus2005; 12-25-2006 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech
    I've called paypal MANY times over the past 7 years I've been their customer and have never had any call go over 30 minutes. That's not saying I wait 30 minutes for someone to pick up, that's saying that start to end, the call has always been less than 30 minutes, and usually the delay was on my end (too many questions, too many departments to go through, etc).

I'd hardly call that an indication of poor customer service though, just them trying to organize things.
    Yeah, if you call at 2:00AM you can get talking with a rep in about 10 min, but I'm not the kind of person who does business in the middle of the night.

When i call, it's about noon. At that time it takes countless amount of minutes to finally get talking with someone.
    VPSFuze.com - Performance should be noticeable - VPS Hosting at its best.
    HostingFuze.com - Affordable & Reliable Shared & Master Reseller hosting services

Yeah, if you call at 2:00AM you can get talking with a rep in about 10 min
    Actually, you won't get a rep at all at 2am. Their office hours end @ midnight IIRC. I've tried that late, myself.

Perhaps you didn't read this part of the post, as well:
    during normal business hours
    Typically, I call after noon, before 6 or 7pm, and never have I had any sort of problem getting ahold of anyone.

PayPal is nothing but hostile towards merchants in my experience.
    Paypal is more favorable towards merchants (especially online) than buyers, so I'm not even sure where you're getting this from, but it's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech
    Paypal is more favorable towards merchants (especially online) than buyers, so I'm not even sure where you're getting this from, but it's wrong.
    I am getting it from me... I have used them and they are terrible.

In my years of experience with Paypal I have nothing bad to say about them and I have always gotten through promptly on their toll-free number whenever I have needed to. Just my personal experience, for what its worth.

I've used PayPal, charged clients through it, and still do.

I've bought one item through ebay, paid the guy, the guy never delivered.

I contacted paypal, went through their long winded process and they only managed to retrieve half of the money back.

It's been a year and I'm still waiting on them to "try and get the remainder of the money". It was their service that caused this, and their LAME buyer protection notices are nothing but fake. They should be reimbursing their customers from their own hugly loaded pocket money.

PayPal as a service well, as soon as a viable alternative approaches I'll be one of the first to jump ship.

Current favourites I have lined up are:
    Protx.com - £20 per month for 1000 transactions
    Google Checkout
    moneybookers

I've even compiled a whole list here:
    http://www.webmastertrader.com/showthread.php?t=108
    BioALIEN
    █ Secure your name before someone else does: The Million Dollar Advert.com
    █ Get your permanent keyword listing and get better Search Engine ranking.

paypal is better when compared to 2CO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast